Chapter Six

Sophia Woods' Point of View

I watched as Victoria stomped out of the house. I soon heard a car start before the noise slowly disappeared. Blake sighed and ran her fingers through her hair before walking over and sitting beside me. I turned towards her as she dragged her hands down her face. I flinched as she let out a loud groan and fell back onto the couch.

"I'm sorry about this Sophia. She's never been like this before. But... I guess sometimes she can be a little too jealous." She said as I studied her features. Her eyebrows were furrowed in frustration and her beautiful blue eyes were staring at me. I felt like I was staring into an endless blue sky, they were just so exhilarating.

I looked down and hid behind my hair as I realized I was staring at her. For how long? I wasn't really sure. But I was assuming it was only for a few minutes.

"It's alright," I whispered as I smiled, gaining enough courage to look at her again. I tensed up slightly when I felt her put her hand on my shoulder. I glanced at her hand before looking at her again. She had a small smile on her face before she opened her mouth to speak.

"How about some pizza, yeah?" She said and before I could respond, she got up and started walking to the kitchen. I quietly followed her as I started picking at my fingernails again. As we walked into the kitchen, I saw that all of the bowls of snacks from the table had disappeared. Peter was already here and sitting on the counter while shoving a piece of pizza into his mouth. Blake and I just looked at him as he chewed a giant bite of his pizza.

"Pwat?" He said with a mouthful. I smiled and heard Blake lightly laugh. I could already tell he was the weird one out of the group.

Blake walked up to the table and grabbed a piece of pepperoni pizza to put it onto one of those cheap plates they give you. I walked up to the table to get a closer look at the pizza. Blake suddenly handed a plate to me. I looked down at the pizza and shook my head.

"Oh no thank you." I hid behind my hair and slowly started biting at my lip. "I'm uh, I'm a vegetarian," I whispered shyly. A minute passed by and she hadn't said anything so I looked up at her. She now had a piece of pizza on a plate for me, but instead of pepperoni, it was cheese. I smiled and took the plate before she grabbed herself a piece.

All three of us walked into the living to eat our pizza. I watched as they both sat on the brown and cream-colored sofas and started eating their pizza. Was I allowed to sit on the couch and eat? Would they get mad? What if I made a mess? Would they think I'm a child?

I hesitated before walking over and sitting on the couch about a few inches away from Blake. I slowly picked up my pizza and as I went to take a bite, my hair fell into my face. I sighed and put the pizza down. I tucked part of my hair behind my ear before picking up my pizza again. I took a bite of the cheesy pizza and relief instantly flooded my body. Why? Probably because I haven't eaten all day. Wait, did I even eat yesterday? When was the last time I ate?

Doesn't matter, you don't need to eat anyway. You'll get too fat and no one will like you.

All three of us sat there and ate our pizza and it was almost peaceful. Like this was where I was meant to be. And even though some of them were fighting, I could tell they were like a big happy family.

I had finished my piece of pizza a long time ago so my plate was just sitting on my lap. Blake and Peter on the other hand were on their third piece of pizza. How they managed to eat an entire box of pizza, I wasn't sure. I could barely eat one piece before my body told me that I was full.

Hunter had come into the living room too. He was sitting on the other side of Blake and had only eaten two pieces. Hunter had told us that Claire went to go to sleep in the spare bedroom. He seemed really distressed though. We could all tell that there was some kind of conflict between him and Claire but no one really said anything.