Chapter 7

A/N: I'm not even kidding, I'm on wifi withdrawal. Extremely painful.
**************************************************************
We all chatted until we got downstairs, practically running out as the lift had been crowded, with six bags, and nine fully grown men. People stared as we made our way outside, but we ignored them.
"I think we're being flown, Louis." Finn said, nodding towards the area that led to the city, and we headed over there instead of to the gates. "Because Lela lives on literally the opposite side of the island, it would take ages to get there by car."
"Fair enough." I shrugged, and, soon enough, a sleek aircraft came into view. "Jesus."
"She doesn't go light on getting people back to hers." Jake said dryly.
"Think about it, idiot. She's one of the richest people over here." Reece rolled his eyes at Jake.
"Stop bickering." Max nudged them. "Remember, we're meant to be getting sentimental about Finn leaving."
"Oh, yeah." Jake snickered, and put on a sad face. As Finn rolled his eyes, huffing out a breath, we all burst out laughing.
"Welcome, Sirs." Suddenly, a man jumped out of the plane and bowed to us. "The flight is an estimated two hours."
"Thank you." Finn smiled politely, and several people were taking our bags already, loading them into the hold. "When does this plane leave?"
"Whenever you're ready, Sir." He nodded, before getting back into the plane.
"Well, this is it." Jake sighed dramatically. "The beginning of for-never, because one month is ages."
"Shut up." Finn laughed, before I turned to my boyfriends.
"I'll miss you, Lou." Niall said quietly, coming first for a hug. Wrapping my arms tightly around him, breathing in his scent, I was just comforted in the fact that I would see them again, but maybe not for a while. "Love you."
"Love you, too, Ni." He stepped back, and I hugged Liam next.
"Bye, boo." He whispered into my hair.
"Love you, Li." I mumbled back, before I hugged Zayn. Finally, Harry came forwards.
I loved all my boyfriends, unconditionally, but I had this bond with Harry. It was clear, everyone said. We hugged tightly, and he was trembling lightly. "It's okay, Haz, I'll call everyday. Promise."
"You promise?" Harry breathed. "I love you."
"I'll love you forever and always." I pressed a kiss to the side of his neck, not letting go just yet. "I'll miss you so much."
"I'll miss you too, boobear." He swallowed, a sign that he was forcing himself not to cry.
"It's okay, Harry. I love you." With a final look into his eyes, I turned around, seeing Finn waiting for me.
"Come on." Finn grinned at me, jumping up into the plane, and I copied him, glad I didn't fall down or something equally stupid. As we went inside, the door slammed shut, and I blew out a breath. "You'll see them again soon."
"I know." I shrugged. "But it's just... New."
"Hey, you can always hide behind me if someone tries to assassinate you." Finn chuckled, sitting down in one of the two huge, light grey, leather armchairs. "Hmm, good view."
Sitting down opposite him, I looked out the window, leaning my head against the wall. They all waved, and I waved back, yelping as the plane moved. Finn burst out laughing, and I rolled my eyes, throwing one of the cushions at him, before I burst into giggles.
We both waved to our friends (or boyfriends) as the plane ascended in the sky. "You'll want one of those." Finn gestured to an engraved glass bowl full of pear drops. "For your ears." I looked at him blankly. "I'm not weird. The pressure in your ears."
It was then that I noticed something was pressing lightly against my ears, getting slightly harder by the second. Shrugging, Finn took one, and I copied, not caring if it was a joke or not, because pear drops were nice anyway.
********************
"Finn, Louis!" Lela walked up as we jumped out of the plane.
"Hi." We both chorused. It was then that I looked up at the house. House?
My mouth dropped open slightly, trying to drink in the splendour in front of me. Finn was also looking around in amazement. "I do hope you like it." Lela laughed. "Boys?"
"Wow." I said flatly. "Is this real?"
"Very real, Louis, I assure you." Smiling brightly, she motioned us to follow her. Finn cast me a look, before following her up to the white marble steps, with gold and black metal railings intricately woven around them.
Huge, black doors loomed ahead of us, designs imprinted carefully. Roman pillars held up the porch, and blooming flowers were in two pots each side of the door. A large, lion shaped knocker was on the middle of the doors, but Lela just pushed them open and allowed us in.
The room was bigger than I had seen anywhere. Dark, marbled floors, plain white walls, red, expensive rugs, a humongous chandelier and several tapestries first met the eye.
"Lela. Jeez. Um." Normally, Finn was smooth, calm and composed, but right now - he was speechless.
"I do hope you like it, boys." Lela laughed, her melodious voice echoing around the silent halls. A similar, marble staircase led upstairs, where you could see the corridors that were fenced off with railings. Further still, the staircase led up, but you couldn't see much of the third floor, but I did notice that the staircase didn't stop, meaning there was at least four floors.
"You can always explore later, but I wanted to show you where you could possibly stay. You don't have to make your minds up immediately, of course, but you might like a bedroom." Lela led us upstairs. "Any preference?"
"You first, Louis." Finn nudged me, and I contemplated.
"Rumour or not, there was sayings of an indoor pool?" I prompted, and Lela giggled.
"Of course, Louis. It's almost private to that bedroom, but there is another attached." Finn cast me a curious glance, as we followed Lela up four floors, and to the right, until we came to a lone door. She pushed it open, and we both murmured in amazement as we followed.
It was fairly plain white, with hints of red around, and a curved wall out of glass overlooked an pool. The bed was huge, white except for the pillows and trimming of the duvet covers, which were a bold red.
A set of double doors led from the right wall, and we waited patiently as Lela opened them, and sea air hit my face. "Wait, is that...?" Finn curiously wandered forwards.
A diving board stretched out off a balcony, over a deep pool below, which seemed to drop off at one point, plunging down below. "A dive into the sea, if you please." Eyes sparkling merrily, she walked over to the mirrored doors of the wardrobe and slid them open. It was large, two rails either side, a shoe rack on the right of the floor, and boxes on the left.
"That is incredible." I grinned, seeing the water slide out of the back of the wardrobe, blocked over with a cover, probably to prevent falling or lack of privacy.
"Finn, the room opposite is identical." Lela motioned across the pool, to where a glass wall at the same height was, but seemed blacked out. "You can choose whether the windows are blacked out or not. Just a press of a button."
"I... Thank you." Finn said eventually.
"There." Lela waved us over to a door to the left of the balcony, and the right of the glass wall, opening it to a short corridor, with two doors on the right, one in front, the left wall overlooking the pool again. "Bathrooms."
When Finn went into what I assumed was going to be his room, the only difference I noted was that there was ice blue instead of red. "I love it." Finn said softly.
"I'll leave you boys to explore the house at your own leisure." Lela smiled at us. "I have some work to do, but you'll be called for dinner."
"Thank you." We both chimed, before she left.
"Well, do you want to explore?" Finn asked me.
"Uh, no." Already, I was running out of the room, and Finn followed me, laughing. Room after room was explored, from the boring ones like rows of identical bedrooms, to fun ones, like an arcade, to peculiar ones, like a greenhouse room with strange smelling plants, to interesting ones, like the library, arranged by genre, then date, then alphabetically.
Along the way, we occurred no one, until we reached the kitchen. It was huge, the model, modern kitchen, and a few people were moving around, cooking food and talking livelily.
"Good afternoon, Sirs." One of them smiled slightly at us.
"Afternoon." We greeted, before moving on.
"Oh my god!" Upon going out the back door, we both gasped, before breaking into a sprint.
After some length of gardens (I could also see an immaculate maze), there was a cliff, which we had seen the pool from, but there was also a slide down to the far left.
"You dare?" Finn asked me as we paused by it.
"Do you have your phone, in case we get stuck?" Giggling, I estimated how far down it was.
"Hey. There's a rock climbing wall over there, it doesn't matter." With a smirk, Finn threw me down the slide, jumping after me. I was yelling with joy and excitement the entire way, my heart beating out of my chest as I plummeted for ages, twisting sharply.
The slide levelled out, and my body changed just before I landed, flying up so I didn't hit the pool of water. Finn managed to flip over the side of the pool, landing gracefully.
"That was so much fun!" I gasped out, both of us laughing wildly.
"Come on, we've got to get back up." Finn motioned to the rapidly incoming tide, leading the way over to the rock climbing wall he'd seen earlier. "Unless you fancy flying?"
"I might." Then, something struck me. "What's your second mutation?"
"Did I never tell you?" Finn mused. "Strength, obviously, and a rare mutation, which we call tunnelling." As I stared at him dumbly, he explained. "Watch."
Holding his palm up, he half-curled his fingers, and the cliff wall in front of us shifted, bending towards us. He jerked his fist down, and it dropped, before he returned it to normal.
"That," I announced. "Is amazing."
"I'm glad you think so." Suddenly, Finn swiped his hand through the air, and the rock shifted, starting to form a narrow path. "Catch you up there." He broke into a sprint, the rocks moving to form ledges at the last minute, dissolving back to where they'd been moments later.
Shaking my head, I lifted myself into the sky, deciding I should try to get used to flying. Already, I was insecure, but managed to fly back up the cliff without too many problems.
"Glad you made it alive." Finn was panting lightly from exertion, before he glanced over at the pool.
"I'll kill you." I warned, before I was flying through the air, hitting the water with a splash. "Finn!"
"Got to be faster, Louis." He laughed loudly, cannon balling in, drenching me completely. "Besides, we're all grungy from running around all day."
"It's freezing!" I complained, dragging myself out of the pool with Finn's help. "Is your phone ruined?"
"I didn't bring it with me." Finn climbed out, shaking the water out of his clothes. "Go get dried, stop whining."
"I'm not whining." Rolling my eyes at him, we sloshed back towards the house.
"I see you're both extraordinarily wet." A voice said amusedly from behind us. "Do mind you don't get the rugs wet."
"Sorry, Lela!" We apologised, going back to our rooms to dry off before dinner, exhausted and hungry, but infinitely happy.