Phil's POV- 19

*Two months later*

I darted down the stairs, still pulling on my hoodie, and shouted a quick goodbye to my mum, who was stood in the kitchen baking a cake for Dan, who came out of the hospital earlier that day. I was so excited to see him after two months of silence and being unable to even talk to him. It had been killing me, devouring me from the inside out, but at last I got to reunite with him. We had arranged by our parents to meet at the park, so that's where I ran to, ignoring the sharp pains in my side. I seriously needed to excersise more.

Once I had arrived, I dropped down onto the bench and took deep breaths. Excitement had turned into anxiety, and anxiety had turned into terror. What if he didn't feel the same way about me anymore? What if his brain had been damaged, and he couldn't remember me?

Stop being stupid, I told myself, and sat waiting for another good ten minutes. I was early, but I had figured Dan would be early too. He might not want to see me, I fretted, swallowing. But my fears were put aside when I saw him passing through the gates at a slow jog, his mouth curved into a wide smile. My heart stopped, and so did time. The only things I was aware of were Dan running to me and my own ragged breathing.

From that far away, I could still hear him calling my name is excitement. He held his arms out, and I did the same, so when we collided we didn't let go, even as we fell backwards onto the grass. He giggled, and I stared into those beautiful brown eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of illness, but he looked well; so well, in fact. The large bags under his eyes had decreased, and he no longer looked like a super hot zombie. He seemed more alive.

"Phil." Dan sighed and kissed me, making sure he was gentle. I obeyed, and we were trapped in a little bubble of love. "I've missed you so, so much."

"You won't believe how much I've missed you." I whimpered, burying my face into the crook of his shoulder. "It's been killing me."

"I've been dying... literally." Dan stroked my hair. "But I'm better now. I'm better."

We finally sat normally on the bench, hands locked together, chatting about what has happened in the past two months. I told him I hadn't done anything, except go to school and browse the web and constantly check on him by phone. Dan said he had been asleep most of the time, but they had done experiments on him and helped him to walk again as he was stiff from lying down for ages.

"They made me exersise." Dan scowled. "It was torture. Plus, the food was horrible. Mum and dad often brought biscuits or chocolate, but not all the time. And going to the toilet!"

"I don't want to know about that." I said quicky, grinning. "Sounds like our two months have been horrible. But it will be better from here, won't it?"

Something flashed in Dan's eyes, but he beamed and kissed me once more. "Yes, it surely will."