Act I: Part four

" Remus mate, what the bloody shite are you talking about?"

" I'm trying to say I screwed up big time James! I lost all the progress we had made over the span of five years! Five bloody years lost James!"
____________________________

When Remus and the Mauraders walked into the Great Hall the next day, Saturday, he failed to spot out Aqualia among the Slytherins during Lunch. She had attended Breakfast with the Ravenclaws, however ate nothing, and left as soon as she received a letter halfway through.

He didn't see her anywhere else in the castle afterwards.

And this worried him.

To Remus, it didn't matter how much progress he had just wasted on becoming her friend, she was still like one of his friends and he cared for the girl.

So he wondered if something had happened to her again, if she were ambushed by the Slytherins again or if something had happened.

James and Sirius noticed this new behavioral change from their friend when they came into Honeydukes and he didn't immediately scurry over to his favorite chocolate isle. Sirius shared a look with James and the two looked over at Remus in sympathy.

" Brighten up a bit mate. She's fine, she'll forgive you okay. Now let's go get you some chocolate and we can think about the girl later okay?"

Remus almost objected to Sirius's proposal and was about to say no when a darker haired, green eyed man who looked distinctly familiar to him walked up and tapped him on the shoulder.

Remus looked the man in his eyes, they were level with his.

" My sister thinks that you three were talking about her and wants you to know that you didn't just throw away five years of progress because when you snapped at her she says it had only been because you were ill and she doesn't blame you."

A redheaded girl pulled on the boys arm and he leaned down to hear her whispers before she went back to sucking on her lollipop behind the man. He straightened up again and cleared his throat. " Sorry, um, she wanted to know if you had found the notes she'd taken for you yesterday in your bag."

Remus, James and Sirius had to do a double take before they understood.

" Oh- um- I-'

" What Remus is trying to say, is that he thought that you would hate his guts forevermore after he yelled at you and he understands if you do hate him because he thinks he would too. He also means to say that he did find the, oh so very beautifully written notes that you'd written for him while he napped Aqualia. Remus would also like to ask whether or not you two would like to have a Butterbeer with us sometime Mr. Aqualia's brother and Aqualia. James and I humbly apologize for our friends' lack of words."

Remus quickly nodded along to Sirius's words to make it look as if he was about to say that.
__________________________________

I stood behind Jayce as he politely declined Remus's offer in favor of hanging out with me today.

I like Remus.

He's always so nice to me.

He doesn't like it when I bang my head against tables and walls and instead moves his arm over where I want to hit my head at; Remus says I shouldn't try to hurt myself. But if I don't do little things like that the inside pain becomes too much and I collapse.

His friends give him candy in class sometimes and he always shares it with me.

Remus doesn't like it when I show up to class every new school year with bruises and bandages up my arms. He doesn't like it when I show up to class sometimes with a new cut on my forehead either. So he trys to fix them after class.