Chapter 16: Walls

Author's Note: I feel the need to let you all know before you read this, that Louis Tomlinson is my favorite member of One Direction. So please don't kill me, I love him.

Also, who listened to the new Christmas album? "Thank You" made me sob in my car.

Chapter 16: Walls

Harry stepped out of the SUV and reached back inside. His boyfriend's hand grasped his own and he pulled the taller man to his feet, taking a deep breath.

Scott looked perfect tonight. Harry had never been prouder to be with someone.

Only two days had passed since Scott had agreed to this relationship. Harry was determined to hold onto him for as long as he possibly could.

Tonight was their first big test: Their first public appearance together. Harry thought he might throw up.

Harry did typically love a good release party. It was much more laid back than the other types of parties in the business, and when it wasn't his own event, he was particularly relaxed. He was also extremely excited for his best friend. He knew Louis had been nervous to release an entire album on his own. Harry just hoped that 'Walls' would be treated with the respect it deserved.

Was Louis going to kill him when he rolled into his party with a boyfriend about whom he hadn't told him, yet? Probably. Harry laughed under his breath at the thought of what his face will likely look like when he sees them together.

"Ready, gorgeous?" Harry asked, holding Scott's hand tightly. There were cameras everywhere, snapping photos every millisecond. Harry knew that every photo would capture the same thing:

Harry was head over heels.

Scott squeezed his hand in confirmation, smiling softly. He appeared to be much calmer than he had been at Sur. He allowed Harry to lead him in the door.

And there were arms wrapped around each of them within one moment of walking through the threshold.

"Yes! Yes, yes, yes! I am so fucking excited to see you," Niall exclaimed as he released Scott. Harry feigned offense.

"Hello, friendly reminder that I'm here, too," Harry said. Niall turned to him, grinning, as Liam let Harry go, reaching out to switch positions with Niall and embrace Scott.

"Sorry, Hazza. You're just not as exciting as this one."

They all laughed, warmly. Harry felt his heart flutter, knowing that his friends were already so comfortable with the man that Harry cared for so deeply. He hoped Louis felt the same.

"I'm not sure how it's possible that you're here, in all seriousness, but I have to say, I'm so glad." Liam added, looking at Scott.

"Had to come meet the third and final best friend of my boyfriend, after all."

Liam and Niall's mouths fell open.

"When did this happen?" Niall asked after a moment, clearly trying to hide his excitement.

"Two days ago," Harry smiled, unable to contain it.

"I knew it. I knew that when you left your heart on that stage, Scott would know how much he meant to you," Liam said, clapping a hand on Scott's shoulder. He frowned when he realized how tense Scott's muscles were below his hand.

"So... so it was a setup," Scott replied, a serious expression flashing across his face, his eyes turning dark. Harry held his breath.

"What? No..." Liam looked horrified.

Harry reached out to grab Scott's hand, but the blond pulled it away as though he had been burned. Harry nearly broke down in tears immediately. Harry's eyes darted to Niall, who looked like he might cry for him.