DILUC ● open hours

✎ᝰ = a timeskip

━━

i walked along the cobbled streets of mondstadt, the rain hitting the floor and making small splashing sounds as it fell into the fountain. it was around 6pm and i still hadn't found a place to stay. i was from liyue, i was visiting an old friend and had been planning on staying with them, however they had to cancel last minute for personal reasons. but by that point, i was already here so there was no point in going straight back home.

i wish i had now though. i was out in the freezing cold with nothing but my cloak to keep me warm, sure i had my pyro abilities but they didn't really work all too well in the rain, since i was still practicing. i didn't mind the rain all too much but it was still a pain in the ass in situations like this.

i eventually reached what looked like some kind of tavern, it was thankfully still open so i opened the door and walked inside, a small hum leaving me at the burst of warmth. i took a brief look around the room as i took of my cloak. there wasn't many people here, just a few drunks in the corner and a guy with red hair shining glasses behind the bar.

i took a seat at the bar, taking of my cloak and drapping it over the stool next to me. running a hand through my wet hair, i leaned and leant against the bar, a small sigh escaping me.
"you're not from around here" the guy behind the bar stated as he placed down the glass he'd been shining.
"hm? oh i'm from liyue" i hummed, looking over to the bartender.

"liyue huh? thats a rather long ways away. judging by how exhausted you look, you walked here. whats the occassion?"
"visiting a friend. though they cancelled on me last minute" i mumbled before pulling my mora pouch from my pocket, "i'll take whatever i can get with that" i stated, tossing the bag over to the other male.

he swiftly caught the pouch, opening it and looking inside before handing it back to me, making me cock a brow.
"no need" he spoke, grabbing a new glass, "its on the house. and no offense, but you look bad enough as it is, you don't need alchohol. you need something warm" the male stated, turning away for a moment before turning back with what looked like a hot chocolate.

"i- how?" i mumbled, making the other simply chuckle, "doesn't matter. take it" he stated, placing the hot beverage infront of me. a small slightly amused hum left the crimson haired male as he watched me chug the practically scolding drink. i sighed contently, placing the cup down before looking over to the bartender.

"whats your name?" i asked, wiping the residue of the drink away from my mouth with my sleeve.
"diluc. what about you?"
"[y/n]. pleasure to meet you diluc. now, i should get going, i need to find somewhere to sleep" i hummed, getting up and grabbing my cloak. thats when diluc spotted the vision on my belt.

"you have a vision. so do i" he hummed, leaning his chin on his palm as he looked at me.
"oh, what a coincidence. like we're meant to be" i stated in a joking tone, earning a small soft chuckle from diluc.
"you said you needed somewhere to stay, right? you can always just stay here for the night. there is a room upstairs, since i stay here instead of going back to my winery sometimes" diluc hummed.

i shook my head, "i couldn't. you've already given me a free drink-" i stated. diluc sighed softly, "you can't really be thinking of going back out in the rain. its almost 9pm now, nowhere else is open, and not everyone has rooms to spare for soaking wet travellers from liyue" he stated, crossing his arms.

a small sigh escaped me, "fine.. but only if you take the mora" i stated, pushing the small pouch back over to the other. diluc sighed lightly, "fine. now come on, my shift ends in a minute anyway. i'll show you your room" he hummed, grabbing the small bag of mora and slipping it into his pocket.

i nodded, watching the other walk out from behind the bar, beginning to follow him as he led me upstairs.

✎ᝰ

two years later.
i now lived in mondstadt. i decided to move since i found mondstadt to be a much more interesting and comfortable place than liyue. i'd become rather close with diluc, among a few other people, such as kaeya.

"don't be an ass, kaeya. just be nice to him for once" i groaned, running a hand through my hair as i walked through the door of diluc's tavern, like i did every other day, this time dragging kaeya along with me.

diluc looked over from behind the bar, a faint smile appearing on his face as he saw me though that soon dissapeared as he spotted kaeya next to me. "hey diluc!" i greeted with my normal smile, him responding with a small wave of his own though his gaze remained on kaeya.
"[y/n], why is kaeya here?"
"oh, i bumped into him on the way here, he was being annoying and wouldn't leave me alone so i dragged him along with me. i know you two don't like eachover very much but just try to act civil for once please?" i asked, looking from diluc to kaeya.

"ugh, fine. but no promises" kaeya grumbled, crossing his arms and looking away. diluc simply hummed and nodded a little. i went and sat on my normal seat at the bar, kaeya sitting next to me. "[y/n], i want to talk to you later. alone" diluc stated softly, sending a small glare over to kaeya who simply smirked.

kaeya had been aware of diluc's feeling for the [h/c] male for awhile. after all, the fiery haired male didn't hide it very well. he would cast long looks over to the other pyro user, blushing faintly at times when he would smile or express his happiness or excitement for something. one afternoon, kaeya had been sat in the tavern when two drunk guys where sat at the bar, one of them  beginning to talk about [y/n], along with some not so appropriate comments about what he wished to do to the [h/c] boy.

diluc had overheard the whole conversation, managing to hold back his anger. that was until the intoxicated men left, diluc following them. kaeya of course was rather suprised that diluc had even left the tavern at this time in the evening. when he caught up with the crimson haired male, he had the guy who had been speaking about [y/n] pinned to the wall, growling something at him before letting the now terrified man go.

"oh diluc, don't tell me you've fallen in love with out adorable companion, [y/n]~?" kaeya teased, walking over. diluc simply huffed, "tell him and i'll burn you to ash"

"oh, alright!" i chirped, nodding my head, "i haven't done something bad, right? if its about the bottle of dandelion wine which went missing, it was kaeya-!" i exclaimed quickly, making kaeya's eyes widened, "i- hey! it was your idea!"
diluc rolled his eyes, "[y/n], i know it was you. kaeya is too dumb to think of a smart way to steal a bottle of fine wine"
kaeya huffed at diluc's comment, getting up, "you are both so mean!" he exclaimed, leaving the tavern.

"he's probably gone to go and sulk" i stated with a small laugh, diluc chuckling softly as he nodded in agreement. "so, diluc, we're alone now, the tavern is empty. what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" i asked with a small smile.

diluc averted his eyes down for a moment before walking around the bar and gently pulling me up from the stool i had been sat on, lightly holding onto my hand. i felt my cheeks heat up slightly, "uh, diluc-?" i mumbled. the other didn't respond, he took a small deep breath before leaning forward, our noses almost touching.

''[y/n], ever since you first entered my tavern, there was something different about you.. you weren't boring or annoying.. i actually liked spending time with you. but as of a few months ago, i found out this liking i'd taken to you was alot deeper than i thought.. [y/n], i love you.."

my eyes widened, my face quickly going the same shade of diluc's hair. it took me a moment to process what the other had said, though once i had, i didn't respond, i simply leaned and connected our lips in a small sweet kiss.

"so-?"
"i love you too, diluc"

WORD COUNT : 1494