13) My Girl

After making a jaunt to the apartment, we approached a classy restaurant that was located right on the beach. It was late, no other places were open unless you wanted to eat fast food. (In which I requested since I couldn't afford a place like this, but Steven insisted he would pay if we went here.) The reason why this highly expensive business was open, was because of the night club on top of the roof.
Since it was going to be our last night together I decided to wear something extremely nice for Steven. A bright red short dress reached down above my knees. Heels were worn on my feet with a light coat of red lipstick on my lips. To the side of me stood a handsome man in white. In my opinion, Steven in white clothing always made him look more attractive. Strobe lights ran through the sky with loud 80's music playing in the background. Unfortunately, once he interlocked his hand with mine and we started heading towards the restaurant's door, a group of men and women with cameras approached us with questions to ask.
Paparazzi. Once the paps arrived, the fans started swarming around us. My hand squeezed Steven's as our feet tried following the sidewalk to the door.
"Steven what happened to Cyrinda? Is this the lady you cheated on her with?" One lady asked.
"Steven what is Aerosmith's plan now that the tour is over?" Another one would wonder.
"Hey lady aren't you the detective who investigated Steven and the bands drug use?" A guy questioned me. My mouth was shut. Many flashes from the camera blinded my eyes. The owner of the club and the restaurant tried to help push away the large amount of people blocking the way. Steven got tired of all the idiotic questions so he spoke up.
"Listen. My girl and I have had a long day. Now please get the hell out of our way." He shouted in the nicest way possible.
The lights of the camera stopped and the noise minimized. For a second they all stood comprehending the words Steven spoke. They all stepped aside making the sidewalk once again visible.

"Mr. Tyler welcome to my resturaunt! My name is David. Let me get you the best seat in the house." He guided us towards the front door and into the inside. Lights were dimmed with tables lined up with lots of peoples belongings. Steven wrapped his long, skinny arm around my shoulder as we followed. Mostly everyone at this time rocked on top of the roof. The average height Mexican, the owner, took us to the back where there stood candles and soft rock music.
"What's good here? What kind of food you serve around this place?" Steven asked as we took our seats across from each other.
"Everything! We got seafood, Italian, Chinese, and my personal favorite, Mexican food." We all laughed together as we were given our menus with the variety of food his place had.
"Well what drinks can I get for you tonight?"
Steven stared at me as if I were to answer the question. Though for years of loving him and his music, I never really knew what he liked. Minutes of pausing I decided to just stay silent.
"Give us a bottle of Champaign."
Steven answered.
David nodded and left while at last we were alone once again.
I looked up at Steven grabbing his hand across the table.
"I'm going to miss you Steven." I sighed.
"Not as much as I am going to miss you."
Tears filled up my eyes without letting any fall out.
"Mr.Tyler and Miss.."
"Avacyn Liyann." I nodded.
"Here's your drinks are you both ready to order?"
"No not yet."
"Okay Ill be back in a bit to check on ya."
"Thank you." Steven added.

(Stevens POV)
I stared into Avacyn's bright green eyes that lit up under the dimmed light. She looked beautiful. I don't want to leave her here but I have to go. Something I meant to give to her laid inside my jacket pocket but I was iffy about whether I should give it to her yet. I'm definitely going to miss that gorgeous face. I grinned at her as I grabbed both of our empty glasses and poured the sparkling champaign into them. I handed her the glass of champaign looking into her eyes once more. Her eyes filled with water ever since the owner left for the drinks, and a tear slowly escaped.
"Aves?"
She responded the same way she did when we played the piano.
"Hmm?"
"What's the matter?"
I knew the question I asked was a waste of words out of my breath. I know whats wrong with her. "Come here." I added. She got up out of her seat and sat down on my lap. Her face tucked into my neck and she began to sob.
"I know Aves." I teared up. "Look at me." Her head lifted up off my shoulder. I wiped her tears away and pulled her head closer so I could kiss her forehead. "Please don't cry."
"Change the damn subject then." She laughed.
Past Avacyn I saw that David came to check on us but he saw we were busy and didn't want to disturb.
I motioned my hand to go ahead and come over so we could order.
"What do you want to eat babe?" I asked Avacyn.
"I'm not picky Steven just order."
She got up on her two feet and sat back down.
"We will have the shrimp pasta."
"Awh no Mexican?" He joked.
"Not tonight man."
"Okay be back in a bit."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That sounds really good. You have good taste." Avacyn smiled.
"I like to pick whats good." I smirked back at her. "So Aves how about a walk along the beach after dinner?"
"Thought you would never ask."
David brought back our plates of food which had a a mountain pile of shrimp on top.
"Enjoy!"
The food was extremely fresh, messy, but also really delicious. It took us a while to eat but finally we filled ourselves up.
"This place wasn't so bad. Compliments to the chef." I told David.
"Glad you liked it Mr. Tyler."
Before we left I payed for the bill and we were on our way out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hang on before we walk into the sand I need to take these heels off." Avacyn said.
We walked over to the car where she threw her shoes in and we walked towards the water hand in hand.
After a few miles we sat down and watched the waves form. Avacyn's head lied down into my shoulder as we watched Mother Nature work her magic. It was time to give it to her.
"Aves I want to gi-" A huge wave hit the ocean as the water flowed past where we sat making ourselves get wet.
"Holy crap thats freezing!" Avacyn screamed. I sat there in the puddle of salt water laughing at her reaction. I got up as water dripped from my suit and I walked over to her. I turned around, taking the thing I had in my jacket that had no case and put it inside my pocket so I could let her get warm. I threw my jacket over her shoulders while I saw her teeth chatter in the moonlight.
"Sorry Steven."
"There is nothing to be sorry about Aves."
"What were you saying?"
"I want to give you something."

(Avacyn's POV)
Steven dug inside of his pant pocket trying to reach for whatever he was going to give me. The wind made me so cold, I didn't really pay attention to what he was doing. When he got it out, a ring was held between his pointer finger and thumb.
"Steven I can't. We just m-"
"It's a promise ring Aves. Im not proposing right now."
"A promise ring?" I asked confused.
He came closer to me.
"Yes a promise ring. You can trust me Aves whenever I tell you I promise it will happen. You have been the best thing that has happened to me. Your my girl and I'm going to make you one promise" he grabbed my hand running his thumb against my fingers. "I promise you will be mine and I will never hurt you. I promise I will come see you."
"Steven thats more than promise." I cried.
"Not if you subtract that last one and come with me."
"Wait what?"
He put the ring on my finger.
"Come with me Avacyn."
"I have a job I can't just up and leave."
"I heard you talking to your boss and he made you take a 2 week vacation right?"
"Yea bu-"
"Sh quiet. When I walked off I got ahold of him and told him that if you said yes, if he would talk to some people back in Boston."
"And.."
"I got a call back when you were getting ready and he said they would love to have you."
"Oh my gosh Steven thats fantastic!" I began to cry even more.
"Is that a yes?"
I jumped giving him a huge hug.
"Yes of course!"