(5) Sicily

Vidhi's POV:

Today marks our much-anticipated trip to Sicily, the largest island in the Mediterranean. I've arranged for everyone to gather at the reception by 9 a.m. After ensuring that all last-minute arrangements are in place, I'll get ready myself.

"Hey, Advik. Where is everyone else?" I inquired as Advik, the first to arrive, waited at the reception.

"They're getting ready. They'll be here soon," he replied.

"By the way, you look quite beautiful today," he added.

"Thank you. You look handsome too," I responded.

"By the way, Aryav never mentioned anything about you," he remarked.

"Oh, I'm his cousin and Kavya's best friend," I replied.

"So, you plan weddings?" he asked.

"No, this is a one-time thing. Kavya wanted me to do it, but I'm actually an engineer," I explained.

"What kind of engineer?" he inquired further.

"I specialize in robotics," I replied.

"Wow! So, you build robots?" he asked with the curiosity of a child.

"Yes," I giggled.

"How many have you made so far?" he asked.

"I've worked on many robots, but the two in our house, Martha and Sophie, were made by me, Kavya, and our team," I replied.

"Yes, we have two robots at home-Martha and Sophie. Martha is our cook; she can cook anything and everything. Sophie helps with the rest of the household chores," I explained.

"Why did you make robots for your home?" he asked.

"When we moved to Bangalore, we were looking for a house help who could also manage the house while we were at work. However, such help was expensive at the time. Besides, robots are more loyal and honest than humans," I explained, just as someone came up beside me and put their arm around my waist.

"Hello, gorgeous," Kabir said with his usual flirtatious tone.

"Hello, handsome," I giggled.

"I think I should leave," Advik said, looking uncomfortable.

"No, it's not like that. You can stay," I assured him.

However, I couldn't shake the feeling that Advik was feeling uncomfortable and jealous. Soon, everyone arrived, and we set off to enjoy another wonderful day in Italy.

We had a great time on the bus, singing and dancing to songs, and finally arrived in Sicily.

We visited Mount Etna, one of the most active volcanoes, and then headed to Taormina, perched on a cliff near Mount Etna