𝟥𝟥 | 𝖠𝖫𝖶𝖠𝖸𝖲 & 𝖥𝖮𝖱𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖱

DEMON WAS DETERMINED to get Corinne to forgive him

DEMON WAS DETERMINED to get Corinne to forgive him. He was convinced that her not talking to him was the reason his life was going downhill when in reality...things still would've been the same if Corinne was still in ignorant bliss. He just would've had a reason to fight his case extra hard.

In Chicago, it was common for witnesses in gang-related cases to end up dead or to refuse to testify which is why the five witnesses had been put into witness protection and were only allowed to come out of isolation to testify against Demon.

Having a cop on payroll couldn't even help him. He knew it was only a matter of time before the Feds showed up to arrest him.

He spent his last few days of freedom preparing his friends for what to do when it happened because he was getting off. Even though being in a Federal prison was better than being in the county. Jail was still jail and it was going to be a shitty ass experience. He knew exactly how he was going to get off and they knew what they had to do.

Before he knew it, there was a warrant out for his arrest and what did Victor Dragić do? Host Demon Night at Masquerade. It was Vic's coping mechanism because he could control everything at Masquerade.

"Come on. It's his last real night of freedom." Paris says.

"No." Corinne shakes her head. Paris' words were going in one ear and out the other because she was still hurt. As much as she would miss him, she was hurt. He had been consistently pursuing her going as far as to email her from his old CPS email apologizing and she couldn't just forgive him without a explanation.

"But I got you a really cute outfit to wear." Paris says, passing her the bubble mailer.

"Please? He gone be so happy to see you." Paris adds. Corinne shakes her head once more saying, "Have fun. Text me when you make it there and when you make it home." Corinne shakes her head, unpausing her tv. Paris left to go to the club leaving Corinne alone to wallow in self-pity.

$$$

"Back of the line." One of the security guards tells Paris. "Where Ace at?" Paris asks while people stood in line angrily. "Fuck is you doing? Let her in." Ace shows up after he calls him on the walkie-talkie. Paris walks through the crowd to the section. "Gimme my motherfucking money," Marquell says, holding his hands out. "She said no?" Meech mumbles, passing his brother the twenty.

"She gone get over it." Tadoe tells Demon, who deflated in defeat. "Nah, I fucked up." Demon mutters. "Rin love you. It's gone be okay." Mercedes tells him. "I told her I was gone kill myself and she blocked me." He says, drinking the tequila and lemonade from the glass cup. "Cause she not toxic like you. You gotta talk to her." Cassie shakes her head. "I did talk to her."

"You didn't and you know you didn't." Paris tells him. She was being nosey and went through Corinne's phone reading her vent to Tamia, Lizeth, and Kennedy about everything that had happened with her and Demon.