❣︎𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 36❣︎

We hadn't spent too much time at the waterfall, and got going after about half an hour. The walk back was quiet, but in a good way. It felt like only a couple minutes before we were back to the car. I hopped in, rubbing my hands together and blowing in them to stay warm. Hamzah looked over at me as he shut his car door and buckled up.

"Cold?" He asked, smiling. I playfully pouted at him and buckled my seat belt, then putting my hands into my pockets. He shook his head while smiling  and turned away, starting the engine and turning around to pull out of the parking space. I leaned my head against the car window, my breath fogging up the glass. I pulled a hand out of my pocket and lazily dragged my finger across the window to make a small smiley face in the space I had fogged up. I sighed and put my hand away, and got lost in my thoughts. Hamzah was now on the road and I felt him glance over at me.

"You okay?" He asked. I looked up quickly as I pulled myself out of my head.

"Yeah - yep. Sorry." I said, flustered. He gave me a small smile and turned his head back to the road, but not without sneakily putting his hand on my thigh. I smiled and turned away, facing back to the window. My mind wandered, landing on last night. Who was Michelle? I bet she was a distant cousin or something. But why would she randomly text him? Stop, stop. I'm overthinking it all. I distracted myself with thinking about how I could redecorate my room. I could do cottagecore vibes, but would that be weird at night? I got lost in thought. The car ride home sat in a comfortable silence.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Finally!" I said, as I opened my car door and jumped out. I stretched my legs and bent to one side to get my arms and torso, then the other. Hamzah came around to my side of the car and laughed.

"What? I'm - ah - stretching," I said, while cracking my back. He just shook his head and laughed and walked to his door. I grabbed my stuff and followed behind. We walked inside the apartment and I glanced at the clock. It was about noon. I had to leave at 6. We still had time.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" He asked, before falling onto the couch.

"I don't know. You're the one who lives here," I said. I fell sideways into the chair that sat next to the couch.

"Yeah, but youre the guest. You choose," He said as he closed his eyes. I got up and got on the floor, and blew air into his ear.

"Hey!" He yelled and sat up quickly, covering his ear. I fell back onto my arms and laughed.

"You choose."

"No."

"Why."

"Because you're the guest."

"Yeah, who doesn't know anything to do around here."

Hamzahs perked his head up.

"I've got it. Let's go get breakfast for lunch," He said. I shook my head and laughed but stood up.

"Fine. I need to shower really quick though," I said. He nodded and waved me to the bathroom, before laying down again and closing his eyes. I just shook my head and grabbed my clothes, heading to the shower.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

I took a quick shower, and changed into some clothes.

I put on some small gold earrings and some perfume, then some mascara and lip gloss

I put on some small gold earrings and some perfume, then some mascara and lip gloss. I blow dried my hair, and then I was finished. I had done this all quickly, so it was only, like, 12:20. I smiled and walked back into the room. Hamzah was exactly where I left him - sleeping on the couch. I giggled quietly and walked over. His phone lay on his chest, face up. I bit my lip. Should I check it? I felt terrible, like I didn't trust him if I did. But then again, I was concerned. I knew if I asked him he would tell me, but I felt it would make him worry about me and if I was talking to other people. I closed my eyes tightly, and slipped the phone off his chest.

Michelle: 3 new messages

I gasped quietly and looked back down at Hamzah. He was still fast asleep, and snoring. I bit my lip so hard I felt the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. Looking around again, I went into the bathroom and locked the door, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I picked up Hamzahs phone. It wasn't like I didn't trust him, I was just double checking that he was being loyal. That's normal, right? I got his passcode right the first try, as it was 1234. His phone was pretty bland looking, but what surprised me was his home-screen being a picture of me. He had took it in the restaurant yesterday, of me smiling and scrunching my face up at the camera. I smiled but felt even more guilty. If he was this devoted, he would never cheat on me. I opened his messages. I felt bad enough already that I left all his other chats without looking, and went to Michelle's. I scrolled to the top and read the messages. At first, she had just said hello and Hamzah had asked who it was. My eyes widened as I realized he had given her his number. I tugged on my lip and kept scrolling. She was obviously flirting with him. My heart rate slowed when I saw he had told her he had a girlfriend. So he was loyal. I immediately felt a rush of guilt as I realized I was completely wrong. I scrolled down to the bottom to see what she would possibly be texting him about again, and my breath hitched.

Michelle: hey Hamzah 🥰
Michelle: did you tell your girlfriend abt our date today?
Michelle: or have you not told her about me yet 😉

I had read enough. My stomach dropped. I scrolled up a couple more texts, and read the conversation. He had planned a date with her this morning. While I - his girlfriend- was literally asleep on his couch. That's why coffee took so long. That's why he was acting weird. It all clicked in my brain, but I couldn't quite process it. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, but was quick to wipe it away. I sat on the closed toilet seat and cleared the tab, turning off his phone. Although I was heartbroken, I wasn't going to tell Hamzah what I had seen. Not yet anyway. Maybe soon, but I wasn't ready to yet. Another tear came and I wiped it away again. I took a deep breath and stood up. Looking in the mirror I stared at my face. I'm not the prettiest, or the funniest. Probably nothing compared to this Michelle. My breath shook but I fought to control it so I could appear normal for Hamzah. Even hearing his name in my mind caused another drop in my stomach. I straightened my posture, took a deep breath, and opened the bathroom door. Thankfully, Hamzah was still passed out on the couch. I tiptoed over and carefully placed his phone back onto his chest. He remained asleep, quiet breaths escaping from his open lips. I screwed my eyes shut and sat on the chair. playing with my hands. I need to wake him up. I still need to go on the date with him, and pretend everything's fine. It would be hard; but I didnt want to create drama or be annoying. I was lost, my brain in a jumble and my stomach an emotional mess. My fingers were shaking slightly, and I tried my best to stop from crying. I couldn't process it. I couldn't believe it.

A/N: yeahh DRAMA ok comment feedback + ideas!! the reads are insane. like actually. I've started updating more often so yw 🥰 ty to my readers who are always there and i see their votes and comments ur the best. Ok thank you guys so much!!!