I'm still in love with you...

Warning: This short story is rated 18+ for its foul language and explicit sexual content. Viewer discretion is advised.

𝚂𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘 𝚠𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚕𝚜𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘

𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘 𝚠𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚕𝚜
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘

───────────────

Picture it: Hot 97 Summer Jam, 2001. Jay Z, the headliner getting ready to finish up his latest song. The sold out crowd were enjoying themselves, packed like sardines with beers and hard liquors in their hands, bobbing to the music of the new millennium.

Hitting his last bar, the music faded while he walked to the back of the stage, picking up a water bottle and taking a swig, then grabbed a towel to wipe the perspiration that formed from the lights and adrenaline from being on stage.

"I know Michael Jackson better come from behind that mothafuckin' curtain," he said, excited to disclose his surprise. The crowd gave mixed reviews upon his announcement, thinking it was a hoax. It didn't help that Michael didn't appear from the curtains.

Jay, feeling slightly embarrassed, looked to his side seeing Michael nowhere in sight. The stage manager shrugged making him nervous. He was a relatively new artist, quickly climbing the hip hop charts. By him getting in contact with Michael, he knew that would set his career off and show everybody who's boss.

Roaming to the end of the stage, he crouched in front of a desperate fan, who visibly couldn't contain her enthusiasm in disbelief Jigga, himself, was in front of her. She was jittery, a smile sat upon her face as she bounced up and down from her nerves.

"You want me to go back and get him myself?" He asked, pointing the microphone to her lips.

She shrieked, energetically nodding her head, and unleashed a yes, sounding distant.

"Okay, I'ma go get 'em," Jay confirmed, springing up and strutting off the stage, a simper formed on his face as he listened to the crowd go crazy at the idea. He was determined; nothing was going to ruin tonight for him.

Seconds later, Michael felt a tap on his shoulder. He was immersed in the conversation people around him engaged in. He turned to see Jay nod his head toward the stage before swiftly walking in that path.

Michael reluctantly obeyed but didn't resist because he accepted the invite anyway. Jay waited for him just before walking up to the stage, where a portion of the public was visible.