0.5

6:37 P.M.

The drive to the grocery store is calming, almost peaceful as I pull into the parking lot.

Until this bitch decides to take my spot.

I groan and roll my eyes, scoffing her as I drive away to find a new one. A burning sensation builds up as I park next to a black van with dents and scratches on the side. The rusted and faded color makes it seem that I shouldn't park here.

But I go against it.

I turn off the ignition and step out of the car, eyeing the dark and cloudy sky. My eyes shielded by a tall figure.

"Hi," A familiar voice says. I try not to look up, but I do. The figure has dyed hair and a gorgeous smile.

"Michael?" I ask.

"Yup," He sighs.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well after Mr. Hood kicked me out, I ran home and thought about it for a while and assumed that his workplace is not for me," He explains.

I hesitate for a moment before talking again.

"What'd you think about?"

He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs again.

"Well, I want to go to college... And find something there that'll suit me best, and erm..." He stops. I smile and look at his face.

"Possibly... Find someone?" He chuckles. I giggle, crossing my arms.

"Ah it's stupid, I'll never find anyone, I mean there's you, but you're already taken by Mr. Hood," He says too quickly. I almost choke at the words, my breath starting to speed up again.

My reaction to his name is unwillingly strong. Dammit.

"W-what?" I gasp.

"Aren't you taken by him already?" He turns his head slightly.

"I-I um, no, who gave you the idea of that ever happening?" I gulp.

"Mr. Irwin, I think it was? Another boss of a different company?" He replies.

Oh great, now another person shall casually fall into my business.

Mr. Irwin.

Somia.

"Oh, I have to go," I push past Michael and quickly get into the car. The sky has gotten more darker.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Want something to eat?" Somia's voice asks me. I lean against the glass door to the balcony.

"Sure, I'm not going to his dinner anyway..." I drift off. The butterflies in my stomach always come whenever his mane is mentioned.

I don't like it, but I do.

"What?" She asks. I turn around and shake my head slowly.

"Nothing," I sigh and get off of the glass, walking towards the kitchen table. She gives me a small smile as she places the hot soup down in front of me. I whisper a thank you before stirring it.

"So..." She says before sitting down next to me and sipping the hot soup. I continue to stir mine, not wanting to burn my tongue.

But I already have, the words with Mr. Hood set fire inside me already.

Just then, the doorbell rings.

"Who could that be?" She asks. I get up, confused, but also very curious. The door handle suddenly seems cold as I open it to reveal and tall figure, leaning against the doorframe.

"Hello, can I help you?" I ask the tall figure. His dirty blonde hair stands up straight. He holds something in his hands, which seems to be mysterious.

"So..." He says while putting the thing up to his mouth. He casually gets off the doorframe and walks inside the apartment. I see that he's wearing a black leather jacket with one of his hands in his pockets and the other one at his side. Black skinny jeans that look like they'd be too tight to fit. And a red flannel, which looks pretty nice on him. I hesistate before closing the door.

"Again, can I help you?" I clasp my hands together while looking at him. He looks around the small apartment, always bringing the little thing to his mouth.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I got totally zoned out right there! Allow me to introduce myself! I'm Luke, your neighbor from downstairs. I just wanted to greet you, since this is your first time moving in!" He says cheerfully. He continues to look around. My sudden expression turns around.

"Oh, thank you! We really liked it here, knowing that there was going to be peace and quiet," I smile at Somia, whose turned to face Luke. She turns back, facing me.

"He's hot!" She mouths. I softly laugh before looking at Luke again.

"So, to celebrate, why don't we go somewhere fancy?" He smiles while leaning on the couch. My expression turns around again.

"Yes. Yes, please!" Somia instantly pops up from the couch and scrambles toward Luke. He chuckles before looking at me.

"What do you say, Kalana?" He smirks. I get the horrified though of him knowing my name without me introducing myself first.

"How do you know my name?" I ask. He chuckles and looks down at the carpet, then back at me.

"Don't worry on how I know your name. C'mon, I'm your neighbor, I've been living here for three years. You would think that I know this place," He puts both of his hands in his leather pockets and shrugs on the couch.

"I-I don't know..." I think of the idea at celebrating our moving in, but who celebrates that? I stare at my black coat on top of the hanger before turning back around to face them.

"Let's go Kalana! C'mon, let's have fun!" Somia gets up and takes my arm, rushing me into the room to change.

"Somia, I-I really don't know-"

"Ugh, Kalana please. You've already suffered a day with Mr. Whats-His-Face, you should come with us to enjoy something better!" She goes into our shared walk-in closet and fractically looks for dresses to wear. My mind suddenly goes to thinking about Mr. Hood. I'd like to see what he'd do if I didn't show up.

"Ok, I will go," I say. She squeals, jumping up and down beofre taking out a dress. She hands me and I give her a small smile. She giggles before walking out of the closet. A sudden thought hits me.

Why do I get the feeling that we're going to Mr. Hood's house?