Drink Angst

I was sad and wanted to make a sad Oneshot, so here you go

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THERE'S CUTTING INVOLVED IN THIS SO PLEASE LEAVE IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THAT

Dream sat behind a locked door in the bathroom, blood dripping from his legs. It's his fault. He couldn't save Nightmare all those years ago, and he's blamed himself for it everyday.

Now, all that's left of the broken guardian is a sad, lying traitor that failed to save someone most important to him. Dream sobbed, the blood dripping from his cut up femurs pooled below him.

What could he do? Ink would come home any minute now. Dream shakily stood up, grabbing a wash rag that he had dampened before he started cutting, and very gently cleaned the golden blood off his trembling legs. It didn't hurt, nor sting, he was used to it by now.

Dream heard a door open downstairs and scrambled to clean up the blood off the floor, along with hiding his cuts.

"Dreamy, I'm home! Where are you?? I bought you something!" Ink called out. Dream was still fumbling around, trying to hide the grey pocket knife so Ink wouldn't find it.

"O-one moment! I just stubbed my toe on the sink..." Dream lied, shoving the knife into a drawer. Lying came as a second nature to Dream. He felt bad about it of course, but Dream was just fearful of what Ink might do if he found out.

Ink was walking up the stairs and Dream stumbled out of the bathroom, successfully hiding the shaking of his legs. "There you are, Dream! Here," Ink exclaimed as he handed Dream a medium sized box, "I've noticed you've been kinda down recently, so I got you this!" Dream smiled at Ink.

Fake

Dream opened the box to reveal a medium sized, light brown teddy bear. It felt heavier than a normal stuffed animal and it smelled very strongly of lavender, but Dream loved it.

"It's a special kind of stuffed animal that helps calm you down, it also helps with falling asleep!" Ink said, looking extremely proud of himself. Dream hugged the teddy bear and smiled tiredly at it.

"Thank you Ink..." Dream said, looking back up at Ink, "I love it."

Just then, Dream's leg gave out as he fell into Ink's chest. Ink gave Dream a worried expression and he checked if Dream was hurt.

"Are you ok?! What happened?! Are you hurt?!" Ink asked frantically. Dream stood up and assured Ink that it was fine, but the colorful skeleton wasn't going to buy it. "Come on, please tell me so I can help!"

Dream shook his head. "No, I'm fine, really! I did a lot of chores and I guess I just tired myself out.."

LIES

Ink gave Dream a face that said 'I really hope you're not lying'as he hugged his lover close to his chest. "Then let's get you to bed, Dreamy," Ink said as he let go of Dream and putting him on his back, giving the yellow skeleton a piggyback ride, "I'm tired as well, Error was being EXTREMELY annoying today." Ink started walking towards his and Dream's shared room.

Dream just laid his head lifelessly on Ink's shoulder, the bloodloss finally getting to him. Ink gently placed him on the bed and Drem just flopped his head onto the pillow, getting under the covers and hugging his new teddy bear close.

Ink cuddled Dream carefully as to not hurt his tired bean, and he soon heard small snores from the other. Dream was asleep.

Ink stroked Dream's head and gave him a small kiss.

"God I hope you're not lying"