Unique part

Akaashi Keiji was only seventeen years old. He was on his third year of high school, just one step away from university, his whole life ahead of him.

Akaashi Keiji hated school and the people that he was left there with. It was just like going back to the living hell he lived during middle school. The two years before that one were just amazing. When he entered, the only thing he was sure about was studies. Not even volleyball was special. Until he met Bokuto Kōtarō, one of the best people in this world, probably, and his boyfriend since last year. He made friends with the whole volleyball team, including the managers, as he was the only first year and he got used to the team's rhythm pretty quickly. He became best friends with Konoha Akinori as their personalities fitted quite perfectly.
Konoha, as well as Bokuto and the rest of them left. Left him alone with all those peoples laughing at and making fun of him. Left him with those bullies that came even stronger and, somehow, more furious than his first year. Left him with those teachers that didn't seem to care at all as long as he kept his grades high. Left him with the volleyball team where only two people seemed to respect him. Left him with his self-destructive thoughts.

Help.

Akaashi Keiji wanted to ask for help but didn't want to annoy. He wanted to ask for help and be listened, but no one did. So from then on he swallowed his pain.

Akaashi Keiji has been in the hospital twice because he tried to take his life away. Both of them with an overdose of sleeping pills, which were taken away by his parents.

Akaashi Keiji knew he was a disappointment to everyone and the look on his beloved ones were just an increment to his pain.

"Keiji, look at me." He refused. He was definitely not going to look at his disappointed boyfriend's eyes. No. He couldn't bear it. "Keiji, please." Bokuto brushed off Akaashi's hair to contemplate his swollen eyes. "Baby, you're amazing."

Akaashi blinked, shocked for a moment.

"W-what?" Finally, their eyes locked and Bokuto gave his old setter a sweet and little smile that filled Akaashi's heart with warm. His eyes softened for the first time since May and Bokuto took this as a free pass to hug Akaashi who immediately resisted it and tried to pull Bokuto away.

Due to all the movement between them, Bokuto could see his boyfriend's sleeve pulled up and could appreciate the cuts on his wrists. He stopped immediately, shocked and extremely worried. What was Akaashi doing?

"A-Akash... W-why?" The other hid his face, embarrassed.

"I can control the pain I feel this way."

"How long have you been feeling this way, babe? I-I though you got better with the therapies..."

Akaashi tried to escape his eyes. "It's been a while since last time I didn't feel this way, actually." He reached his arm to scratch his scars but Bokuto stopped him.

"Nobody seems to get you, you feel you're on your own." Akaashi looked away and Bokuto held his face to make Keiji look him in the eye. "But listen, pretty boy, you are not alone. I know your heart is hurting, you think the road has end. You may just feel that blade you're holding is your only friend, but that's not true. I told you babe, you're amazing and you can do anything, just promise baby you won't cut."

Akaashi's inferior lip was trembling and he was tearing up. Bokuto also had tears in his eyes and had no idea of how was he able to say that without cracking. Bokuto hugged his boyfriend with care and finally Akaashi burst into tears.

Akaashi Keiji had no idea of how much he needed those words.

Akaashi Keiji promised he wouldn't cut again.