4

3rd POV

The silence was defining.

Who knew silence could be so loud?

After everything, Izuku and Ochaco thought they would be closer than ever, but, it seems fate had other plans in mind. They couldn't talk to each other. They couldn't think of anything other than how they felt about each other. They wanted to tell each other so bad, but not while they're on the circumstances they're on right now.

But, then again, they couldn't talk to each other.

Tensions rised between the two as they walked back to the dorms after class was over. The strong tension was making poor Iida suffocate.

It wasn't too long ago whenever Ochaco realized her feelings for Deku. She always knew, she was just in strong denial. Well, she's done with that denial, she likes Deku, and there's nothing she could do about it.

Iida coughed.

Deku wished he could say something. He knew he was too much of a nervous wreck to be able to tell her without fainting. There was never that one moment between them where it's perfect to ask the other out.

That.

That's the goal today. Make a perfect moment to ask her out.

How though? They're usually never alone and when they are, they act more like friends than lovers. They always avoid the romantic stuff. But, that's a simple solution, don't avoid romantic stuff, and flirt the night away.

Like he could ever do that. He doesn't even know how to flirt.

--------------------------------------------------------

The day was young.

Before they knew it, it was dark out and an hour till curfew. Izuku has an hour before he drops the bomb. Currently, everyone's in the common room. They're either having a conversation, or sitting quietly on the couch, typing away at their phones. Deku's eyes land on Ochaco, who's talking to Todoroki.

Whatever they're talking about, they sure are enjoying it. Jealousy fills up inside him, and he's tempted to go up there and butt himself into their conversation. Just before he got up off the couch, he remembers his promise to himself. He won't let jealousy get the better of him. Whoever she's happy with, he'll be happy for.

'She's better with me.' He thought to himself.
'But can't you see? She's clearly happier with Todoroki. She never smiles like that with you.'
'Because she smiles better. Todoroki won't treat her right, I will. I'll get her whatever she needs. I'll make sure she's happy.'
'No you won't. That's why she's going with Todoroki. Todoroki's the one for her.'

He battles with himself. He doesn't know why though, she already made her choice, it's no use. 

She smiles brightly while looking at Todoroki. A giggle escapes her lips, making her smile the cutest smile Izuku has ever seen.

It sucks.

He'll never be able to get her to make that smile like that. Damn does he wish he was Todoroki right now. Screw Todoroki's charm and good looks. Todoroki's one of his best friends, but right now, he hates Todoroki, but at the same time, is happy for him. Happy that he could make Ochaco happy. Even though he wants to be the one to do it.

'I am one day. How about I get her to cheat?'

They laugh, something Izuku has never seen Todoroki do.

'Why can't I just accept she likes Todoroki? Look at them, they're...prefect...'

"Hey, Midoriya? You ok? Dude?" Kirishima comes running up to him, followed by Kaminari. Midoriya is snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh? Yeah, why?" His voice is wobbily. Kirishima raises a brow and points at Midoriya's face. Kaminari just looks plain worried. "Dude, you're kinda crying...I know you cry a lot, but this seems different." Kaminari points out.