Chapter 15

*6 Months Later*
We weren't planning on staying at JYP Entertainment for as long as we have, but we did. Grace decided to move to Japan so she could be closer to South Korea. Jayde and Mikaela was able to come back each month for training at JYP. By the end of our 6-month training period, I could say we're ready to present what we've been working on to the JYP trainers. They had no idea really that we were here because we stayed low-key. Stray Kids had let them know that a group of girls called G RACHA had been formed with inspiration from them. Now, we're standing in front of the trainers, nervous of what they'll think.

We center ourselves on the floor and start with Back Door by Stray Kids. It's one of the first songs we used to practice. We all learned our boyfriend and husbands' parts. That's right, Jayde and Bang Chan are married now, along with Felix and Mikaela. The rest of the members are kind of scared to do it. Hyunjin was so close to proposing to Grace, but he backed out because he was scared. Anyways, we have worked hard for this. We just hope they allow us to debut as a group. We'll run this for as long as we can. We're not going to be a full fledged group, more of a cover group, but we did write original songs, and the dance line of Stray Kids helped us create choreography to those songs. We even have a multilingual song with Japanese, English, and Korean in it because we have foreign members. They allowed us to perform one of our originals, and we thought that was the perfect song to use.

When our audition was finished, the trainers had no choice but to allow us to pass. We are really good for only training here as unofficial trainees 6 months. Let's just say we learn really fast. Along with learning Stray Kids songs, we also sprinkled in a few other groups in there that we like. For example, BTS, which we memorized Fake Love for. I love the progress we were able to make training under this company. Being a trainee wasn't as bad as I thought. It wasn't good either, but there were as many highs as there were lows. The low was always when the foreign members had to return home. All of us are older, and actually too old to be trainees, but at this point, we could make ourselves debut. We don't really need to debut under JYP. They know we're good.

Our first debut concert is coming up. I think our group will be short lived since we will be disbanding in the same year because I don't think we can keep it up. It was fun while it lasted, but we're too old to be in a group, and would rather have relatively "normal" lives. At least we experienced what our boys went through. We go up on stage for the first time. We did our preconcert ritual, prepping ourselves for the first concert. Stray Kids had promoted us on their social media, describing us as; "a girl group with our concept who named themselves G RACHA, but with their unique twist. Be excited for them and cheer them on!" We begin our concert with a cover of Back Door, following it with Fake Love by BTS. Then, we also performed Happy Ending by Seventeen, the Japanese version. This is where Grace could really shine through with her Japanese. On top of that, we performed a vocal heavy song: Wish on the same sky by Monsta X. Then, we performed original songs.

When our concert came to a close, everyone cheered for us. Looks like we won over some fans already. I think they like we have people from all over the world in our group. Similar to GOT7 in that sense. Stray Kids came up on stage to congratulate us on our official debut. I think this may be the quickest that a group of trainees have debuted. With only 6 months of training, starting from little to no experience, then we debuted. We already explained to Stray Kids that after our first tour, that we don't want to do it anymore. They were sad to hear that we didn't want to continue being a group, but we never really had this planned. We just wanted to see our boys and that would be the end of the experience. We ended up forming a K-pop group, which is still really cool, but it's just not for us. Understanding this, Stray Kids will still support us.

We ran our near 8 1/2 month long world tour, going everywhere from America to Europe. It was a really fun experience. While in Germany, I had the chance to connect with my roots. I had found out that I am nearly half German, so I wanted to connect with that side of myself. I had already connected with my Filipino side, so I wanted to pay my respects to my German side. We got to eat a lot of foods from all over the world, which was a nice experience. By the time we got back to South Korea, we were really exhausted but glad we had that experience. We told Stray Kids all about our first tour experience. They listened to all of our stories, glad that we liked it. Sadly, this is the end of G RACHA. We made sure that nobody would take that name after we disbanded. We went through the whole process of terminating our contract. JYP Entertainment was sad to see us go, but at the same time, they understand.

With our contract terminated, we have our freedom again. We have so many selfies and polaroids from our tour. We got to meet our fans and for those 8 and a half months, we had a fanbase. We were so happy to have meet them while we were still a group. We will never forget our time as a K-pop group. We loved the experience that we made with us as friends and our global fans. With the end of G RACHA will never be forgotten. Our short lived legacy will surely live on. We will join the list of disbanded groups formally under JYP. We loved every moment of that experience. We are happy to get that type of experience. It was really fun.