Chapter 17: News

Naruto and Ino had moved into their new house, Ino had got a new job as a botanist and Naruto was well on his way to becoming Hokage.

"Naruto!" Ino shouted from the kitchen.

Naruto came down the stairs and went into the kitchen.

"Yes?" Naruto said.

"Sasuke has invited us for a double date, I accepted the invitation so please be ready by six." Ino said, Naruto knew what Sasuke was planning to do tonight. He was going to ask Karin to marry him.

"Alright will do!" Naruto said before shooting off up the stairs, he went back to the study.

Naruto has been really pushing himself lately, he's been studying for the Hokage position for two weeks. His shadow clones helped a lot but drained a lot out of him, some nights Ino would have to carry him to bed.

...

The doorbell rang.

"Coming!" Ino shouted, Ino went to the front door and opened it.

"Sakura! It's so nice to see you!" Ino said, hugging her best friend.

"You too." Sakura said returning the hug.

"What brings you by?" Ino asked, Sakura walked inside and sat down on the couch.

"Well, I have good and bad news." Sakura said.

"Bad news first." Ino said.

"Naruto has to be sent on a long-term mission. Order of Lady Tsunade, it has something to do with his Hokage training." Sakura said.

Ino sighed.

"The good news is that you're allowed to go with him." Sakura said smiling.

"Yay." Ino exclaimed.

"What's going on?" Naruto shouted from the stairs.

"You have a long-term mission for Hokage training but, I'm allowed to come!" Ino said, Naruto came down the stairs.

"When do we leave?" Naruto asked.

"The day after tomorrow." Sakura said.

"Okay good." Naruto said.

"Alright I've gotta go, see you guys later!" Sakura said waving as she left.

"Ino." Naruto said sternly.

"Yeah?" Ino said.

"If this mission becomes dangerous at any point, you're to leave. I am a target for other villages considering how I took down the Akatsuki." Naruto said grabbing onto Ino's shoulders.

"Naruto I can handle myself you know?" Ino said.

"I know but if something were to happen to you I couldn't live with myself." Naruto slumped a little.

"Hey, I'll be fine." Ino lifted his chin up and kissed him.

"Now go get ready." Ino said as she pushed Naruto lightly.

Naruto gave her a warm smile and ran up the stairs.

Ino decided to get ready herself, she wore a purple shirt with a white skirt. She put lipstick and blush on as well.