20

thatsunnymo thank you for being the first to comment on the previous chapter 💞 I smiled when I saw your comments and it gave me hope that TICKING still has a family despite the delayed updates.

🎵 You are a super star.... 🎵

"Wow!"

🎵 You are divinely created.... 🎵

"Oh my God!"

🎵 Wishing you all the good things 🎵

🎵 Now! And after now.... 🎵

🎵Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.🎵

"Thank you so much!" I didn't know who had invited them but the person surely made me smile on my birthday morning. I had planned to celebrate my birthday at an orphanage home not far from my house, I woke up early and started preparing snacks. I had just removed the second set of meatpie from the oven when I heard a knock on the door and wondered who would visit me that early. I quickly removed my apron and went out to check who was at the door.

"Who's there?" I asked as I approached the door.

"Coco Events, we have a package for you." A feminine voice replied me.

Package? From who? I thought. Maybe my friends; Efe, Ronke and Omotola had put something together for me or even my cousin; Osas I thought to myself. I didn't know any other person who would want to surprise me on my thirty-second birthday. I quickly opened the door to receive the package from "Coco Events." I saw a group of four people wearing a similar shirt which Coco Events was printed on. Two girls and two guys. One of the guys was holding a saxophone and the other with a camera, carefully capturing the moments. The girls were holding a box each. One of them rose the first song and the others joined. I was beyond wowed.

🎵 You are strong, you are wise.🎵

🎵 you're worth beyond a thousand reasons why 🎵

🎵 you can't be perfect Nosa, no body's perfect darling, no no no, there's no body in this world like you. 🎵

Just when I thought they were done, the saxophonist took over with the ceremonial happy birthday song. 

🎵 Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you.🎵

I didn't know when I started shedding tears. The feeling of being serenaded brought bliss. Trust me, you'd want to be serenaded on your birthday. 

"Thanks guys, hummm, may I know who this is from?" I asked them when they were done.

"The person said the boxes would reveal." The girl who rose the first song said then came forward to hand the box that was with her over to me, the other followed suite.

"Thanks." I took the box from them. They were about to leave when I remembered I had just prepared some snacks. "Hey! I have snacks and soft drinks. Do you mind coming inside for a few minutes?"

They agreed and came in.

After they had gone, I sat down on the ground in my sitting room, spread my legs with the boxes in front of me. It was time to open it. The first was unwrapped, I gently loosed the ribbon and removed the cover. To my greatest surprise, I found in it what I never expected; a camera, an apple laptop, a wireless microphone kit and a birthday card. I quickly tore the wrapper off the second box and the carton of an eighteen inches ring light unveiled. I picked up the card in the first box and opened it.