Chapter 1

KENMAS POV

I walk up to the front desk of the school and request a key to my room all while thinking about who my roommate may be.

"Your room is 313 sir. Good luck and have fun." The woman says while smiling and waving goodbye at me. My hair falls in my face as I bow my head slightly and head towards the elevator to the 3rd floor. I stick my key in and slowly open the door. A couch sits to my right in front of a large T.V placed on a coffee table. The kitchen and dining room is to the right and straight down is a hallway and I'm guessing is where the two bedrooms and bathroom should be.

I spot our old Nekoma duffel bag from when I was a second year and instantly my heart drops.

"Yaku??" I ask but receive no reply. It would be so great if Yaku was my roommate but it doesnt seem like they are here. I walk up to the hall closing the door behind me and open one of the rooms doors. Oversized hoodies and shirts hang in the closet. Yaku did say Lev came over to his dorm a lot. I walk into the other bedroom which only contains a bed and desk with a chair. I roll my suitcase into the open closet and set down my pure black duffel bag. I pull out my phone from my back pocket and begin to dial up Yakus number. After only a few rings, someone picks up.

"Kenma? This is a surprise." A familiar voice says on the other side of the line.

"Hey, I just got my dorm." I state blandly while ignoring his comment.

"Oh great! What number is it?" Yaoi asks enthusiantically.

"313." For a few moments Yaku is silent.

"Oh! I'm 321. I'm just down the hall." He says while an apparent door opens on his side.

"Ill be over in a moment." I hang up after that and only a few minutes after I hear a loud knock on my door. I open it and the short blond boy appears in front of me.

"Hey Kenma!" He says while forcing his way inside.

"Whose your roommate?" He asks while looking around my dorm.

"I thought it was you." I reply while pointing at the old Nekoma duffel bag.

"That was only given to the third years, wasnt it?" He says confused. I nod my head.

"I'm the only third year going here besides. . ." But he is cut off as a familiar face pushes into the dorm. His eyes instantly meet mine and make my heart drop.

He doesnt say anything and just grabs his duffel bag while walking into his room and slamming the door behind him.

"And Kuroo. . ." Yaku says finishing his sentence. My heart pounds against my chest as the encounter replays in my head. I let my hair fall in my face as I reach for my keys and head back out the door.

"What are you doing Kenma?" Yaku asks me while racing after me.

"Getting a new dorm." I reply blatantly. He doesnt talk the rest of the way to the front desk as I ask the woman if there are any other rooms available.

"I'm sorry sir. We have a shortage of dorms and have no extra we may offer you." Ugh! I scream loudly inside of my head.

"You guys will barely see each other." Yaku says while we walk back to the elevator.

"Alright." I mumble in reply. I head back into the dorm with Yaku still following. I plop down on my bed pulling out my Nintendo switch from mt duffel bag and behind to play a game blocking out anything and everything around me.

"Its getting late, so I'm gonna head out. Alright Kenma?" I nod my head as I feel him stand up from my bed.

"Make sure to unpack and eat dinner, alright?" I nod my head once more before he leaves me room. I look at the top left corner of my switch realizing its going to die any moment. I quickly save my game and plug it into the wall then check the time on my phone. 8:34 and I'm still wide awake. I start dialing up pizza hut ordering a small pepperoni pizza for dinner.

I peak out the small crack from my door which looks straight into Kuroos room. His door is open but I cant tell if he is in there or not. I look at my suitcases and tell myself ill unpack tomorrow when I know I wont. A sweet smell of food wafts into my bedroom all of the sudden making my mouth water and nose itch. I get off my bed and walk out of my bedroom peaking around the corner to see Kuroo turning off the stove and using a large plastic spoon to put food into a single bowl. He turns around with his bowl in hand and I jolt back my face heating up.

Did he see me? I ask myself while peeking around the corner once again. Suddenly, the door bell rings making my heart jump out of my chest. I take a deep breath while clutching my chest and head towards the door ignoring Kuroo. I open it and a man hands me the pizza. I felt guilty for not ordering him one but now that I see him eating homeade food, the guilt had entirely left my body.

"Keep the change." I say before handing him the ten dollar bill and closing the door behind me. I glance over at Kuroo looking at his phone while he eats. This is gonna be a very long year. . .

I close my bedroom door behind me while staring at the pizza. The smell doesnt satisfy my nose like the food Kuroo had made did. I close the box back up and place it on the desk laying down on my back remembering where me and Kuroo had fallen apart.