Prologue

Lucius Malfoy stepped into the potter home. His mind was working overtime, trying to come to terms with the death of the Dark Lord.

When he made his way to the living area, he was greeted by the sight of James Potter's body sprawled out on the hardwood floor. his eyes were glazed over with death. Lucius let a smirk appear on his face before he once again morphed hi face into one of coldness and indifference. James and Lucius never got along in school, his childish pranking disgusted him. Potter is, was, a pureblood. Pureblood's were supposed to set the standard for wizarding society. Whilst the Malfoys set the bar as high as it goes, potter constantly threatened to force it down. Constant pranking and his frequent declarations of "love" to none other then a filthy mudblood threatened the perfect image all purebloods upheld.

He made his way upstairs to the nursery. When he stepped into the room he sneered at the body of the late Lilly Potter in disgust.

'Served her right, that filthy little mudblood.' He thought to himself.

His eyes grazed over the room and came to rear on a crib set in the corner of the room. he walked over to the crib, his cloak bellowing out behind him. He set his hands on the top bar of the crib and leaned over. There lay two baby boys staring back at him with their piercing green eyes. Matching scars on their foreheads. The older man sneered at the baits and the made pathetic little whimpering sounds.

'Stupid half bloods' he thought in disgust, 'absolutely revolting.'

One of them stared to cry silently. it wouldn't have been noticeable if not for the tears shining like gold as they reflected the light of the room.

Lucius' thoughts quickly went to James Potter. How many times had he wanted to wring his neck? How many times had Potter disgraced the honor of the purebloods? How many times had Lucius wanted to crucio him until James Potter was reduced to a drooling mess of a man? As he stared at the child who still had tears running down his face, he thought of a plan. he was to late to exact his revenge on James Potter, but he could settle for his heir. He couldn't take both of the boys, news had already circulated that the Dark Lord was killed by the Potter children. If he took both of them then their would be a manhunt throughout all of Europe, but if he took only one? No one had actually seen the Potter twins outside of their family and close circle of friends, is it possible that their wouldn't be any search at all for the second child? The Ministry would simply chalk it down to being misinformed. Who would take one child but not the other?

As Lucius picked up the crying child, he heard the distinct crack as someone appearated into the house. moving quickly, Lucius Malfoy opened the window, jumped out, and silently appearated in a billow of black smoke.