[blueberry burst]

[THURSDAY]

"Do you think he even cares?" Melissa groans into the pillow.

"Of course he does." Candace replies without taking her eyes off her book.

"He doesn't." Melissa says again.

A 'hmm' is all Candace replies. So much for being a best friend.

"Candace? Are you even listening to me? He doesn't care, like at all." She yells at her friend.

"And why do you care so much?" Candace asks, looking at her incredulously.

"Actually-" Candace stops her in the middle with a don't-bullshit- me expression.

"He gave his cupcake to Blake yesterday." She accuses.

"God, were you stalking him?" Candace says in between laughs.

"I just happened to be there." Melissa mutters.

"Sure."

She just wanted to see his reaction and to see him. She was standing at a distance so that they wouldn't spot her behind the stairs. All she could see from there was his back and Blake eating away the cupcake. And then she knew that he couldn't care less.

"You know what? I'm done. I'm not giving him cupcakes anymore." Melissa voices her thoughts out loud.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah. What did you want me to say?" Candace asks her friend, smiling slightly.

"Candy..." Melissa trails off.

"You do want to give him cupcakes, right?" Candace sighs as Melissa nods meekly. "Look Mel, I just don't want you getting hurt in the end. You can give him cupcakes all you want but just don't expect anything, yes?"

Melissa nods.

"Again staring into space, are we?" Candace shakes her head.

"Well, I don't feel really well; could you keep one in his locker today? Please?" Melissa asks. "And give the box to Mrs Walker before lunch? It's already late."

"Yeah, okay." Candace walks out with the box.

"And his combination lock is 2366!" She screams out after her.

She'd seen him keep the note in his bag pack. Maybe he cares, Melissa thinks. Maybe.

                                                                         --------

Luke kept running his hands through his hair, frustrated. He'd opened the locker to find nothing at all. He had searched the locker but found nothing. Why was he so upset? He asked himself. He didn't expect her to give him cupcakes till their year ended. Okay, maybe he had. A little.

He took out his books for the second period and walked to his next class. He shared this class with Blake and Carter. There were only a few people in class as it was kind of early. Carter was talking to his girlfriend, Violet. Luke sat down on the seat beside him, but Blake was nowhere to be seen. There were still a few minutes to class so he took out his phone and texted Blake.

'Where are you?'

His phone blinked after some seconds.

'Miss me? Well, I won't be coming for the first two classes.'

"Ah, come on." Luke grumbled. His phone beeped again.

'And yeah, keep the cupcake for me? :D'

Luke typed his own reply.

'I would have, if I had one. She didn't give me any today.' Luke felt bothered again. He had gotten used to it in just three days. Not just the notes but the cupcakes as well.

'How do you even know it's a she? It could be a boy for all I know.' Blake responded.

He hadn't given that much thought. He just assumed it would be a girl but he was kind of sure.

'Dude, die.' He texted back and switched off his phone.

Mr Levine entered a minute later. Luke opened up his folder to take notes, and saw the piece of paper of his talk with Melissa. He smiled, and started scribbling some important dates on the paper, distracted.

He looked out of the window only to see the poster thing outside the cafeteria at a distance. Today's special: Blueberry Burst

Luke sighed. What did he even know about the girl? Except that she was a girl and he wasn't even sure about that either. It could've been anyone in the school. Anyone.

The bell snaps him out of his thoughts. He grabs his stuff quickly and shoves them into his bag. Something falls onto the ground while he's at it. It was the first note he'd gotten from the cupcake girl. I'll be there always. x

He looks at that paper and the paper with his talk with Melissa, his eyes widen as he places the handwriting immediately. He picks it up hurriedly and runs out of class.

Melissa? It'd been Melissa all along? He got all his cupcakes before school and he saw her in the morning the first day, when it all started. Yes, it was her. He grins and then he sees Blake and just grins wider.

"I know who it is." He says and runs again to his locker.

"Yay," mutters Blake.

                                                                               ---------

Candace whistles on her way to Luke's locker. Whistling is fun. She's tempted to eat the Blueberry cupcake in her hand because it smells so nice. But she shouldn't. It's for Luke.

She smiles while thinking about them. According to her they should totally date. It's not like she hadn't noticed the glances he gave her even when he was with Brianna. She was sure Melissa had never gotten over him either. She keeps the cupcake with the note Melissa had given her. She closes the locker inhaling the heavenly scent for the last time.

Candace turns around to find Luke staring at her. She almost laughs at the way he was looking at her.

"Candace?"

Oops.

                                                                          --------

A/N

100+ views. Thank youu. ❤️❤️

-Hunar

P.S - I've made these minor changes in the story. A few grammatical errors and some language problems. If you find any mistakes, let me know. :D