chapter 6: she has a book

"Neville have you seen Hermione, Ron, or Harry?" I ask my twin as he is walking out of the great hall

"haven't seen Hermione or Ron but i'm meeting up with Harry now do you want to come?" He asked nicely.

"No i'm still angry at him, tell me everything that happens later."

"Ok bye Adds"

I avoided everyone today except Luna she told me to keep a look out for nargles, then she skipped off to the second event. I kept my mad face on and went to the library to study. There were only several other kids in the school mostly everyone went to the task. I was so worried about Harry and Hermione didn't come back to the dorm last night so i was worried about her.

———

[third person pov]

After the second task everyone was in the great hall eating. Luna, joined the group. Hermione, Ron, Harry, Neville, and Ginny.

"I just past Addy and she looked quite angry." Luna told the trio, then the great hall door opened swiftly.

"You, YOU THREE BLITHERING IDIOTS!" Addy shouted as she started to get closer to them. "HOW DO YOU ALL MANAGE TO END UP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLACK LAKE."Addison hit each of them on the head with a book.

"I forgot to mention she had a book." Luna added.

"Brilliant, thanks Luna." Harry said sarcastically.

"Are you three okay?"

"Well we were till you hit us with a book." Ron growled as he touched the back of his head.

"Sorry." Addy kissed the top of each of their heads. "Good job today Harry, i'm proud of you." She kissed the top of his head yet again. Earlier Neville told her everything that happened. "Why are you laughing, Gin?"

"Because you sound like my mom." She laughed out, Fred and George nodded in agreement.

"Bean you got a bit aggressive there." Fred told the girl who was now sitting down next to Luna, Addy giggled at her nickname but Harry's face got tomato red and he glared at Fred. "Calm down mate." Fred told Harry which made all of their heads turn to Harry's red face.

"Aww Harry are you jealous." Ginny piped in giving him a questioning face.

"I'm not jealous and i'm not mad." he spat.

"No one said you were mad." Hermione raised her eyebrow at the boy which caused him to get up abruptly and storm out of the great hall.

"I'll go talk to him." Addy told the group and followed after the boy. "Harry are you alright?"

"Oh yeah i'm fantastic."

"Harry are you mad at me?"

"No not you, i'm sorry i made you mad last night." He sincerely told the girl.

"Oh it's alright you know i can't stay mad at anyone." She wrapped her arms around him, he melted in her embrace. The scent of newly grown flowers with a slight hint of vanilla went through his nose.

"I wish i would've asked you to the yule ball." He stated and pulled away from the girl embrace.

"It's done and over with, it's in the past." She smiled at the boy who returned the smile almost immediately. "i should get going it's pretty late and i have some homework, bye Harry."

———

the next day Luna, Ginny, and Addy were walking through the empty corridors during their free period, "So when will you tell Harry you have feelings for him?" Luna asks out of no where.

"Lu what are you talking about i don't have feelings for him."

"Really, not at all." Ginny replied sarcastically.

"I just think you should tell him, he deserves to know you should have seen how red his face got yesterday when you kissed his head twice. I thought creatures got him." Luna exhaled.

"Stop it you two just friends no feelings, plus he has a thing for Cho Chang." Addy sighed sadly.

"He's probably just doing that to make you jealous." Ginny retorted.

"Well it's not working because i don't have feelings for him." Addy raised her voice.

"Why are you getting defensive?" Luna turned and looked at her friend.

"You two are unbelievable just drop it."

———

"you're staring at him stop." Hermione whispered in Addy's ear. They were sitting in the great hall for dinner, Hermione, Addy, and Ginny were on the other side of the bench facing Harry and Ron.

"I'm not staring." She responded quickly.

"Hmm ok, from where i'm sitting it looks like he was a piece of cake you wanted." Hermione laughed lightly.

"Stop that because now i really want cake." Addy groaned.

"Eat some chicken Addy. It's really good we'll get cake later." Ron chimed in, encouraging Addy to eat some chicken.

"Yeah, Addy. Eat the chicken." Ginny laughed knowing how much Addy hates chicken.

She brought the chicken towards her mouth but stopped when she started gagging and dry heaving. "I think i'll just make my way to the kitchens."

"I'll come with you." Harry stood up.

"ok then" Addy said hesitantly "come along then."

The two walked past the Hufflepuff common room in awkward silence.

"Have you ever been to the kitchens?" Addy broke the silence.

"No, have you." Harry asked.

"Yeah, Cedric showed me."

"nice."

"Here we are, just tickle the pear on the painting." Addy spoke as she tickled the pear on the painting. The portrait swung open and a bunch of house elves turned their heads.

"Mistress Longbottom and Master Potter what can we get you." Dinky asked excitedly.

"Do you happen to have chocolate cake?" Addy questioned with a hopeful smile.

"Yes of course take a seat."

The two Gryffindors sat there waiting for the elf to come back, they said very few words. Addy felt awkward around him ever since Luna and Ginnys conversation with her.

After they got the cake they sat in silence some more, they ate their slices and walked back to the Gryffindor common room. Once they got back they said goodbye and scurried off to their dorms.

date published- November 15, 2020