Running Fast.

Hide

verb

1. put or keep out of sight; conceal from the view or notice of others.

---------------------------------------------

I was sitting at my desk, bored, playing with my pencil. This was Grade Nine now, and I was ridiculously sick of it. School hadn't changed since the first day I had walked into it two years ago. Nothing ever changed though, not here, not in this town. God forbid, something change.

My Social Studies teacher was rambling on again. I'd taken the notes down already and was really just waiting for the bell to ring so I could leave for lunch.

My phone buzzed again for the third time this class and I wanted to check it, but my teacher was really strict with phones. I didn't want to lose it five minutes before lunch.

It buzzed again and the curiosity was eating away at me. If it was Michael again, I promised myself I would kill him for texting me in class again.

Mikey: I'm bored.

Mikey: Save me absbxchd

Mikey: Am i distracting you ??

Mikey: lol

I groaned. I guess I was going to have kill my best friend.

"Sophia, is that your phone?" My Social Studies teacher asked me, narrowing her eyes at me. "Put it away, or I can."

"I will," I mumbled, silently cursing Michael in my head as I slid my phone back in my pocket. My teacher went back to talking and I went back to being bored. My phone kept buzzing and I really just wanted to text him back, to tell him to shut up.

I decided to play a game with everyone in my class. They weren't playing with me, but I was playing with them. I decided to rename everyone in my class. I started with the guy in the front row, I think his name was Matthew or something like that.

He had golden brown hair that fell on his face in curls. His eyes were greenish-brown, and his skin was tanned from the sun. He had an attractive face, I'll give him that. I decided his new name would be Jake Lawrence. Jake Lawrence was unaware his name was Jake Lawrence, but it was his name now, and it's not my fault he doesn't know that.

I shifted my eyes to the person sitting next to Jake Lawrence. Her hair was brown and wavy, flipped to one side as it fell down to her elbows. Her eyes shone when she smiled and I thought she was beautiful. Her name was Dawn and I couldn't think of another name that would fit her.

I stared at the back of her head, distracted from the game I had started, thinking about the way she laughed. I didn't give her a name that wasn't her own, I didn't want to make her any less herself.

The bell went and I snapped out of my thoughts as Dawn stood up, walking from the room. I piled my things together quickly, knocking my knee on my desk as I stood up. I cursed under my breath, heading outside to where Michael was leaning against the wall, waiting for me.

"I hate you." I glared at him, remembering that I was technically supposed to kill him now, because he had been texting me in class again.

Michael smirked. "Did I get you in trouble?"

"Sure, she just told me to put my phone away," I told him blankly, not wanting to see that stupid grin on his face if he thought that he actually got me in trouble again. I walked back towards my locker on the bottom floor of the school. Michael followed behind me, telling me about something that had happened in his class.