Silverfish

The lab was quiet again today, as it had been since the grant had been denied by the board at MIT. They said there was no foundation, no proof of evidence that his studies would be applicable to human beings. According to the board, the risk was beyond the reward. The potential for loss of human life ended his research abruptly. He enjoyed the calmness of the silence in the lab, it gave him time to think.

His thoughts wandered to the hustle and bustle of the lab in the early years of his research. Everyone on campus scrambling to attach themselves to his discovery. The fact is, the MIT Stem Cell Initiative did receive the grant money to move forward with Dr. Kinsley's work. The team celebrated with the doctor after the news was received. They bought him a couple of drinks at the Alibi Bar and Lounge. He wasn't a heavy drinker but had a couple more than usual due to the bad news he had received from the board. They did not grant the clearance or the funding for his work with circulatory transfers of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) transferred primarily from infants to the elderly. The board would not condone human studies on such vulnerable people. They were not willing to budge on the fact due to the high risk and the possible negative publicity to the prestigious name or the scientific integrity MIT has earned to date.

The lab will continue to study the astonishing results they have been achieving by connecting the circulatory systems of baby mice to that of an elderly mouse. The process has been conclusive, the old mouse showed age degeneration after sharing the blood of the young mouse. Dr. Kinsley and his team have isolated the miracle "golden cells" that are responsible for the age reversal in the old mice. The mesenchymal stem cells from an infant mouse are circulated through the elderly mouse's system. In the process the golden cells stimulate and wake up the old, tired cells by simply coming in contact with them. This waking up of tired cells causes age degeneration within the cells, which causes the aging process overall to stop and the effects of time to rapidly disappear from the recipient of the cells.

All living cells regenerate when they get damaged, the cell automatically sluffs off its outer layer and builds a new wall or coating when it has become damaged. The problem with this process is in the design of the cell itself. A living cell simply gets old and tired and stops fixing itself when it is damaged and in need of repair. This is the process of cellular aging. Nothing that lives can withstand the test of time.  Dr. Kinsley knew that he had found the cure to this age old problem. He was just having trouble explaining the the negative side effects of the mesenchymal stem cells donors within his controlled research environment to the grant committee.

Connecting human circulatory systems was the obvious next step to Dr. Kinsley. The lab results were proof that his studies were not flawed. The elderly mice grew hair where they had previously been bald. Their bone density nearly doubled, frail mice were growing stronger by the day, rebuilding muscle tissue that had been gone for years, and mice with heart conditions were immediately cured of their ailments.   The explanation lies within the science of the mesenchymal stem cell itself. Dr. Kinsley was absolute in his conviction, the research must be conducted on humans.

The mesenchymal stem cell is the starting point of life. The job of the MSCs in mammals is to create the organ tissue and shape the very body itself during development. All mammals use mesenchymal cells while they are growing and in their adult life to recover from injury. As adults, we possess a limited amount of mesenchymal stem cells or "golden cells" in our bodies. Most of them are diminished as we damage our bodies.

An adult who receives an introduction of human umbilical cord tissue mesenchymal stem cells (HUCT-MSC) into their system immediately shows tremendous anti-aging effects. The HUCT-MSC is legally harvested from post natal umbilical cord tissue and grown in a lab prior to injection into the patients. The golden cells immediately search the entire body for the repair they need to make. When dyed and traced during an MRI scan the mesenchymal stem cells proved to congregate around any injury they could find in the body. They regrow hair, mend tissue and bone injuries in record time, restore motor function, heal nerve injuries and cured multiple sclerosis.