XVIII; speedy gonzales

━━━speedy gonzales

.・゜゜・───・゜゜・

Cal woke up lying against soft sheets on top of a hard surface. Lying there and staring up at the empty ceiling, there was a moment of peace, where the would wasn't trying to kill her. Literally.

Her back felt stiff, but her headache was gone. She sat up and rolled her shoulders, noticing her bracelets were still on. Her face felt clean and soft, her hands clean. She rubbed at the crusties in the corners of her eyes. Standing across from her was an Amazon with short voluminous hair and an oval face.

    "I like your hair," Callahan said, her tongue being too loose to stop. The Amazon's head snapped up from her shoes, and she immediately smiled. After a moment of staring at each other, she cleared her throat.

    "I'm Liliana." She stepped forward. "You must be confused."

    Cal nodded, wary of the girl as she approached her. "Where am I?"

    "You're in the medbay at Amazon headquarters." She stood in front of her. "Hylla told me to bring you to the holding cells as soon as you wake up."

    Cal nodded, wobbling slightly when she stood up. She almost fell, but Liliana stepped forward and grabbed her elbow, steadying her.

    "I'm so sorry about this"

Cal shrugged in response and pulled on her boots. The doors led to a huge caver full of pulleys and conveyor belts pulling packages of all sizes in different directions. The cold made her shiver.

    "Uhh" She swallowed, "what did you guys give me?"

    Liliana looked up and smiled, "Oh, just some medicine from Asclepius."

    "Who?" Cal asked.

    Lilliana laughed, "Oh, my dad! He's the Greek god of medicine." She reached up and raised her eyebrows, asking a silent question. Cal nodded, and Liliana rested the back of her hand on Cal's forehead.

She grinned. "You should be all good, sweetie!"

    Cal blushed and nodded, tongue-tied.

    "Callahan!" Percy darted forward, his hands reaching through the bars of his cell, toward her. "Are you ok?"

    Cal stepped toward him and nodded, letting his hands cup her cheeks. She pressed her lips to the middle of his palm. "I'm okay. I promise."

    Percy looked back around her at Liliana and nodded in thanks. Liliana shrugged. She stepped forward and pulled a card off of her shirt,  putting a finger to her lips as she swiped it through the lock on Percy's cage. The door swung open and Percy darted forward, grabbing Callahan's wrist and dragging her into him, the door swinging shut behind her. Her senses were flooded with Percy; saltwater and something only him.

    "Gods, don't ever do that again." He whispered into her hair.

    Cal smiled softly and nodded into his neck, "I'll try not to."

    Percy's breath puffed against her ear.

    She pulled back and turned around, Percy's arms wrapped around her waist, face tucked into the crook of her neck.

She smiled at Liliana, "thank you."

Liliana nodded, "you guys are so cute! I couldn't keep you apart even if I tried."    

Behind her Percy pulled his face out of the crook of her neck, looking up at Liliana. "Do you-" he cleared his throat "do you know what happened to her?"