~Chapter Seven~

Sodapop's Pov
We sat at the edge of the lake, dangling our feet in the water. Her head laid on my shoulder as we watched the sunset. "I could stay like this forever," I said looking at her. She leaned up and looked at me. "I could too. But I'm pretty sure my brother and parents would find out about us if we did." We both giggled. I put my hand under her chin and lifted it up. I smiled at her and kissed her soft lips. "I love you," I said staring into her eyes. "I love you too," she said smiling. We stayed that way for a bit until she laid back onto the grass. "Does your family like me?" I looked at her. "Of course they do," I said with a confused giggle. "Be honest." She didn't believe me. "Darry said that you are great for me. And Pony loves you like a sister all ready." She grinned and I couldn't help but blush. "Are you blushing?" I smirked. "Maybe." She just giggled. I loved her giggle. It was so adorable. She laid her head on my chest. I played with her hair and she eventually fell asleep. I picked her up and laid her in the backseat. I kissed her forehead before getting in the drivers seat. I drove back to my house and laid her on the couch. I grabbed some chocolate cake and sat on the floor. I heard a yawn and turned around to see Pony. "Hey, Soda. What are you doing up?" He then noticed Kylie on the couch. "Did the date go well?" I nodded. "We watched the sunset and she fell asleep." I looked at her sleeping on the couch. Beautiful. Just beautiful. "Next time, could I watch the sunset with you guys?" I nodded. "Sure, Pony." He smiled and headed back to his room. I took one yawn and leaned against the couch. I was out.

Kylie's Pov
   Soda was asleep on the floor. He had chocolate cake right next to him. I guess he ended up taking me to his house. I looked at the clock. Soda had an hour until work, so I decided to wake him. I sat on his lap and kissed him. "Mmmm. Good morning to you too." He smiled and then opened his eyes. "You have work in an hour." He jumped up and headed for the shower. About 20 minutes later I heard the water shut off. He opened the bathroom door with just a towel on. "Hey, babe. Can you grab my DX shirt and my jeans from the dryer?" He smiled. "Of course." I grabbed his stuff as he headed to his room. Darry was at work and the others were doing who knows what. I opened his bedroom door to reveal a naked Soda. "Umm. Soda? I can see everything," I said embarrassed. He laughed. "It's not like it's the first time." I blushed and he grinned at me. "You are cute when you blush." That just made me blush even more. I gave him his clothes and walked back to the couch. He rushed out with a comb in his hand. "Look good?" I smirked. "Always." He grinned and put his comb in his pocket. He looked at the clock. "10 til. I'm gonna be late." He sighed. "Just take my car. I'll be down around 1." He smiled. "You sure you are ok with that?" I nodded. "As sure as can be." He ran out the door and I heard my car leave the driveway. Two-Bit walked through the front door around 12. "Hey, Mickey," I said giggling. He stopped dead in his tracks. "I haven't heard anyone call me that since I was 10." I smiled and he smiled back at me. He went to the fridge and grabbed some cake. "I'm walking down to the DX at 1. Are you gonna stay here?" He tilted his head deciding. "Yeah. There is beer and cake here. And Mickey Mouse," he said turning on the TV. I looked at the clock. It was 12:30. I threw on one of Soda's hoodies and then some of his sweats. It was colder so I threw the hood up. I began walking down. I saw the DX right in front of me when a red mustang pulled up. Out jumped 5 Socs. "What do we have here?" A blonde said. "Looks like a greaser," a chunkier boy said. The boys looked familiar. Wait a second. Those are Samuel's friends. The boys circled me and then Samuel came around the car from the driver's side. "Take your hood off greaser," he hissed. I didn't listen. "Fine then," he said stepping towards me. He grabbed my hood and yanked it off. Right when he pulled it off, Soda came running towards me. I guess he saw me from the DX. "Leave her alone," he snapped. Samuel and the boys looked at him and then me. "Wait a minute. Kylie, what are you doing in greaser territory?" He looked at me confused. "I was talking a walk," I looked at him. "Lies." He looked at Soda. "Who are you and why did you try to save her?" Soda didn't know what to say. "Kylie, do you know him? What did I tell you about hanging with greasers?" Soda looked at me. "Don't look at her," he said pulling out a switch blade. I stepped in between Samuel and Soda. "What are you doing?" Samuel snapped. He stepped back. "Wait a minute. Mindy is fake isn't she? Are you dating this grease?" I stared at him. "What if I was?" He smiled. "I'll cut his throat." He stepped forward and I pulled my switch blade out. I put in to my neck. "Cut his throat, I'll cut mine." He stepped back. "Kylie, put the knife down," Soda said. I turned to him. "I won't let them hurt you. I love you." I kissed him and turned back towards my brother. "This isn't over," he said walking back to his car. They all got in and drove off. "When did you get a switch?" He asked. I smiled. "I'm in my territory," I said pointing to my chest, "and I will protect myself and anyone else who belongs here. That's what greasers do." He was in shock. He smiled at me. "I love you, Kylie."