First Meeting

The landing zone was a bustle with pilots and droids scurrying around their vehicles. There were X-wings and Y-Wings, cargo ships and stolen First Order vessels everywhere as I went deeper into the bay. I could see a man, about average height with dark curly hair working underneath the hull and assumed that was Poe. He wasn't what I'd been expecting, but I hadn't really known what to expect in the first place. It was certainly not this man standing before me. 

I walked up to him and he looked at me, his face lighting up with a dashing smile. "Hi," he said as he extended his hand. I shook it. "I'm Poe." 

"I'm (Y/N)." We stood there, just shaking hands for what seemed like forever, assessing each other. He hadn't let go yet. Poe looked down. "Oh, sorry," he said and let go. "It's just you're kind of a legend around here." 

I looked at him in surprise. "I am?" I asked. 

"Oh, yeah," he said. "Everyone knows about the lieutenant that carriers out crazy missions for Leia. Always quick and clean. And, you normally work alone." 

Poe looked straight at me as he talked. He had beautiful eyes, deep and dark and full of secrets that he would hint at, but never tell. I could get lost in them. 

Poe turned away from me, his haunting gaze now fixed back on cleaning the lower hull. He said, "I'm sure you're not thrilled at me tagging along, but the General insisted that the mission needs two people. And, she's not wrong. I've seen these ships before. Very problematic. I personally don't understand why the First Order even made these in the first place, but the why isn't my problem. It's the how to blow it up that I care about." He laughed at his own joke. I laughed a little too, but quickly changed the subject back to the task at hand. 

"I'm sure Leia debriefed you already, so I'm going to get onboard and start this baby up. We've got a mission to carry out," I said as I walked up the stairs. 

"As soon as I'm done, we can leave," Poe responded. With that, I continued on inside.