Chapter Three

Do you ever wake up because the sun decided to creep through a hole in your curtain and shine directly in your eye? Well, that's what happened to me. A single ray of sunlight was currently burning a hole through my eye. Naturally, you try to turn over to escape the annoying beam of light. That's what I did. I braced my legs against the matress and flipped over onto my right side.

Usually once you do this you're able to go back to sleep. When I flipped over though my face got squished up against a hard surface. My nose made a crackling noise and my eyes popped open. What I saw had my jaw dropping.

It was a chest.

I tried to force a scream out of my throat, but not a single strangled noise came out. My eyes slowly rose up the chest to a neck, chin, nose, and then rested on a pair of closed eyes.

Chance. The creepy man from the club was asleep in my bed. 

This time I screamed. I watched in horror as his eye lids flipped open. His eyebrows raised, quickly looking around the room. Before my scream could wake up my sister he quickly smashed his huge hand over my mouth. This stopped anymore noise from escaping my now raw throught.

I started to thrash around, trying to pull his hand off of my mouth. His arm didnt budge, even when a pulled at it with all of my might. This man was ripped. 

After a good ten minutes of unsuccefully trying to get away from this huge man my body started to get tired.

Accepting that I was going to die, I crossed my arms over my chest and began to pant hard through my nose.

"Done yet?" he asked with a smirk.

I just continued to look up at him with my eye lids peeled wide open. When he only raised an eyebrow at me I did the most unthinkable thing. I licked his palm.

As weird as it sounds, his skin tasted good. I must be crazy.

He quickly jerked his hand back with a grimace on his face, "Why'd you do that?"

After wipping his hand on his pant leg he looked back at me with a confused look on his face. What'd he expect? He's laying in my bed!

"Why are you in my bed?" I asked jumping out of the warm cacoon of sheets to get as far away from him as possible.

"Why are you in my house?!" I asked realized that he had broken into my house and had slept with me.

He slowly swung his legs off the side of my bed before raising his hands up, "I'm not going to hurt you. I came to make sure you were okay."

That would have been sweet if he hadnt broken into my house in the middle of the night.

"How do I know you're not going to hurt me? You broke into my house to make sure I was okay? Who does that? I don't even know you!" I yelled making a break for my door.

Before I could reach the door Chance was already there blocking my only safe exit. I quickly wipped around and bolted for the window.

Hopping over a pile of clothes on my floor, I finally reached the window and threw it open. Leaning the top half of my body out, I cursed myself for buying a two story house.

I was about to swing my leg out of the window and take a leap for it when two strong arms wrapped around my waist and yanked me back. I let out a small squeal when I fell off balance. I was forced to grab onto Chance's forearms.

"What do you think you're doing? Last time I checked jumping from a second story window isn't safe for a human," he growled sitting me back on my feet.