Chapter 8 : What is going on ?

Geno POV

So, Reaper tried many times with Pap to open a portal to their world but it fails all the time.

Reaper : That's weird... Maybe Error did something again...

Geno, Papyrus : Who ?

Reaper : Error. The destroyer of AUs. Ink's mortal ennemi.

Geno, Papyrus : Oh.

Geno : You think he destroyed your AU ?

Reaper : Well, I don't really see any other reason for us to be unable to open the portal.

Frisk : Maybe we could try to use Geno's window to see other AU ?

We all jolted. We forgot about Frisk. Well, they do tend to disappear by moment, to be frank.

Reaper : Can you do that ?

Geno : I never tried.

Frisk : But it could work, no ? From what you said about the AUs and the multiverse, that is the feeling I get. I mean, the save-screen is most likely the same for each AU.

Geno : The void too, in this case.

Frisk : ... I am imagining millions of Gaster stuck together now.

We all nod.

Frisk : And we should do something if the two gods have to stay.

Geno : You are right... Well, Goth and Reaper can sleep in my room. Papyrus can use Reaper's room.

They nod and we arrange things. Then I go outside to try to open a window to other AUs. I try for a while, until I feel someone tug my jacket. I turn to see Frisk.

Geno : What is this Frisk ?

Frisk : Just, while Papyrus and I are here, try to tune down on the flirting with Reaper, please. I don't want diabete.

I blush and they get saved by Papyrus arriving before I could try anything.

Papyrus : GENO, DO YOU WANT ME TO COOK, WHILE YOU TRY TO OPEN A WINDOW ?

Geno : Oh...

Frisk : I am going to help you Papy ! I am bored !

You little demon...

Reaper : What did the kid tell you ? You could kill with such a look. And for once, not from cuteness.

Geno : ... They ask for you to stop flirting with me, for as long as Papyrus is here. Then ran because Papyrus came.

Reaper : Oh. I thought you didn't like it when I flirt with you. So why are you glaring at someone who agrees with you ?

Geno : ... Shut up.

I leave. Papyrus is cooking spaghetti with Frisk. I go into my room to see the baby sleep peacefully. I smile and stroke his cheek.

So, after some days, I guess, I finally opened a window to another AU. It seems to be a

happy timeline.

Reaper : Oh, this is Haventale.

Frisk : What is this AU like ?

Reaper : Happy and peaceful. There is only pacifist run there. Even the neutral run doesn't exist.

Geno : That's great.

Papyrus : ISN'T THAT DREAM ? WHO IS WITH HIM ?

Reaper : Dunno. ... Wait, actually... That's X-tale Sans.

Frisk : Who ?

Reaper : I rarely got to go to X-tale, because the AU is really peaceful too. I only went there like one or two times.

Geno, Frisk : Wow. That's peaceful.

Papyrus : YEAH. THERE IS BARELY NO ONE DYING THERE. SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO NEITHER.

Reaper : I will go and...

Just as he says that, Dream and that Sans teleport.

Reaper : Is that a joke ?

Frisk : Well, where is your funny bone ?

Papyrus : HUMAN ! DON'T ENCOURAGE THEM IN THEIR PUNNY WAY... OH NO...

Reaper : Heeeeey. You did a pun, Pap. I am so proud.

Papyrus is leaving while complaining. I chuckle a bit sadly, remembering those sweet moments with Pap... I instinctively reach out for the scarf, before remembering Goth has it.

I feel someone hug me and turn to see Reaper. I lean in his embrace, because I really need a hug, right now.

Geno : Thanks, Reaper...

Reaper : Don't worry. You should get some rest, Love.

I nod and we go back in.

After a while, we get visited by the different protectors and learn why this mess. They also introduced us to Cross.

They left really fast, so they didn't see Goth. Reaper and Papyrus left with Goth to Reapertale.

I sigh and Frisk rubs my back.

Frisk : They will come back. And now, you can check on them through your window.

Geno : Yeah, you are right.