c h a p t e r 4

Four : What happened that night?

Hyerin's POV

"10 minutes from now"

After my order, Iced Matcha Latte with whipped cream on top, arrived right in front of me, I harshly asked Hyunsuk to unravel his story as promised.

It's not like I mind much about what happened that night, but the way he urged me to meet him for the truth by notes and calling was just started to build up the curiosity inside of me.

"Baby, calm down. you're really different from other girls I've met. They would immediately apologize if they're late but you don't. Interesting... Anyway first, tell me more about you. Then, I'll unfold the story" As he leaned closer towards the table to get a better view of my face, I leaned back away from him. Nope, I ain't falling for his dirty trick.

"I'm not like the 'other girls you've met'. They all brainless including you, tryna get into each other pants. Tch, pathetic"

Girls don't want boys. They want money and wealth, mostly. I mean, they would down for you if you reward them with some cash. And that's not what I'm living for.

I eyed him up and down as he positioned himself properly before showing his seriousness into our meeting.

"Playing hard-to-get, I like it. Well, let's just begin. It's not a long story but I'll make it short"

What the actual fuck?

*Flashback*

Hyunsuk's POV

Hoping this night will never ends.

The night sky was aglow with bright street lights which almost blinded my puffy eyes. I sped up my car along the silent road since it was already midnight so there were not many vehicles visible right now.

I slowed down as red colour was shown on the traffic light. While waiting for it to turn green, I looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. A smile painted across my face, thinking how exquisite it was.

Beneath one of the shining stars, something caught my attention. I squinted both eyes for a better vision just to make sure nothing would cause a harm to me. Something that I unexpected to see.

A drunk girl? I honestly believe that no club are open here.

Her appearance was very unkempt. The clothes she wore made her looks like she was from an upper-class people. Well, it's normal to see them drunk in this time.

I changed my gaze away because the longer I try to observe her, the more sympathize I would feel.

Finally, the green light has taken its turn to show up and that means I had to say goodbye which also means I will never get to see her again.

Why do I feel reluctant to leave her?

Resting my head on the car steering in dilemma, of course I didn't notice my surrounding as she trudged to her feet towards my red car.

"Come on, Choi Hyunsuk. Make your decision. Should you take her home or just leave behind? Shit! If I bring her home the boys will-"