1.

You know, in life we all have our monsters that hold us back and control us. At least that's what I believe. Moving on in life after something tragic happens seems so easy. You try your best to forget your horrific past and try your best to move on from it. It's not always easy. Sometimes it doesn't get better.

Today me and my mom moved from our hometown in Minnesota. We're now pulling into a little town to start our life over. Or at least try.

"May. We're about to be pulling in. You awake?" My mom says as she turns down a road.

I look over at her and give her a small smile.

"I'm up." I say turning back to look out the window. It was raining of course. I love the rain though.

My mom then pulled into a longer drive way and a bigger family home stood in front of us. Surrounded by the woods. Not that I care.

"Here we are" My mom says putting the car into park and turning the key. I look out the window of the door and just look around. Not home, but it will be better for me.

Me and mom spent a few hours taking our things inside and trying to make the home feel more....homey.

"We need some groceries. I'm going to go out into town. You can come if you would like" My mom says grabbing her keys.

"I think I'll stay and finish up on my room" I say smiling to her. She comes over and hugs me and tells me to lock the door as she walks out.

I lock the door then go back upstairs to finish off my room.

When my room was finished I decided to take a quick shower and change.

I got into the shower and washed my hair and body quickly before getting out and changing into loose shorts and a cropped tank top. I put lotion on and wrapped my hair up in the towel before putting my black socks on. I washed my face and just stared in the mirror telling myself to try to be more happy about being here for mom. I then hear the door open so I walk downstairs to mom coming in with bags of groceries. I help her and we put the groceries away.

"Chicken Alfredo for dinner?" My mom says laughing knowing I love her chicken Alfredo. I smile

"Ummm yes" I say grabbing the chicken and the other ingredients to help her.

Once we finished eating dinner I decided to go back upstairs and sleep since I was exhausted from the long car ride. As I was laying there I was looking out the window seeing how the wind blowed the trees around and seeing how the moonlight was glaring into my window and I drifted into sleep.

I woke up to the sun shining into my eyes. I look at my clock and see it's 8:43. I decided to head downstairs and make coffee. As I was pouring the creamer into my coffee, my mom walked downstairs dressed nicely.

"Where are you going this early?" I asked handing her a cup for her coffee while yawning.

"The police station. For a job." She says pouring coffee into her cup and then applying lipstick on her lips.

"Ah" I say sitting at the bar watching her.

"You should go out somewhere and just explore." My mom saying putting earrings in.

"I don't know anything about this place." I say looking down at my half filled cup of coffee.

"Go to the bookstore. Your car should be here. Considering the guys left it here 2 weeks ago in the rain." My mom said rolling her eyes. Yeah she's not very happy that the moving guys left my car right in the open with the weather the way it is.

"Maybe. I'll figure something out mom" I say standing up and putting the cup into the sink. She puts her heels on and grabs her bag.

"Well I have to go. I'm serious Makayla, check this place out, it's not as bad as you think it is" she says while she puts her papers in her bag.

"I will mom. Have a good day." I say hugging her. She wishes me a good day too before heading out the door.

I walk upstairs and go to brush my teeth and face. I wash my face when finished and stare at myself. I definitely need to get dressed I think to myself. I walk over to my closet to try to find something to wear.

I decided on a nude tight long sleeve shirt with jeans and black knee high boots. I put my necklace and earrings on. My necklace, I wear all the time. My dad gave it to me before passing. It means the world to me. I put concealer, mascara, and eyeliner on before spraying myself with perfume and grabbing my bag. I put my wallet in my bag and walk downstairs after grabbing my black jacket. I grab my keys from the tray next to the door and walk outside to my car. It was a bit windy out today but I don't think I'll be needing my jacket so I put it in the backseat.

I jump into the car and play some music before looking up places around me that I may be interested in. I decided the bookstore was the best place for me. I love reading.

After a few minutes of listening to my music and singing my heart out, I pulled into a parking lot and seen a little bookstore. I grabbed my wallet and went inside.

"Welcome my dear" an older women with beautiful toned skin and dark long hair says. I smiled at her before walking to the shelves and looking at the options of books.

After about 5 minutes of looking through the books I found one that gave a feeling like I need to read it.

"All about the Cold ones" I read as I brushed my finger over the cover of the book. Hmm.

I decided it was the book I wanted to read so I walked up to the counter and waited for the woman to come back. A boy walked in with long dark hair and he truly was stunning. He looked at me and I looked away real quick. The woman walked up to the counter and she put was talking to me and handed me a slip and wished me a nice day. I thanked her and walked out heading to my car.

"Makayla Clemmons?" I heard a boy say. I was confused because I knew no one hear so I turned around and it was the boy with long dark hair. He walked up to me handing me something.

"You forgot your card on the counter" he said handing me the card. Of course I did. I thought to myself.

"Thank you so much. I totally forgot to grab it. I can be a bit forgetful" I say smiling to the boy. He laughed and introduced his self.

"I'm Jacob. Jacob Black" he said reaching his hand out for me to take it. I grabbed his hand and shook it.

"Makayla. Makayla Clemmons" I say smiling at the boy.

He, too, smiled and I seen his straight white line of teeth showing.

"Well I will see you around, Makayla" he says smiling. I nod and get into my car.

Maybe there is some good looking guys around here. I say to myself as I turn out of the parking lot.