chapter one

"Aster can you close up the place tonight?" her boss mister Davis asked. Aster looked up from after the coffee bar where she just finished making an iced vanilla latte for one of the costumers. "Yes of course " she said with a smile. She would much rather go home and be with her sister at the same time as she always gets home. But she needs the money if she ever wants to move out.

After the last costumer left she closes the door and starts putting the chairs on top of the table. In the middle of cleaning up she decides to text her sister to see how she was holding up. Everything okay there? She puts away her phone and starts sweeping the floor.

An hour has past and she was finally finished with everything. She puts her apron on the hook and takes her bag from behind the bar. Aster walks over to her car and checks to see if her sister already answered. Nothing, she became worried and gets in her car. Not even putting on the radio she just rushes home.

Once home she notices her moms car is parked infront of the house. Aster grabs her bag and runs inside not knowing in what state her mother would be in today. To her relief she found her mom passed out on the couch. She shakes her head in dissapointment. Ever since her dad fled the country she couldn't go a day without being sober. Not giving her mom a second glance Aster heads upstairs to her sisters room.

She stands in the doorway and smiles seeing her sister just peacefully asleep next to her books. Walking towards the bed she takes the books and puts them back on the shelf . Once the books are back in there place,she takes a blanket and lays it on her sister. "Good night Rose" she whispers and heads back out.

Before heading to her own room she opens the door to hers and her sisters walk in closet. She goes and opens her locked drawer and puts the tips she got today in a jar. "One day" She whispers while closing the drawer again. On her way out she grabs her pjs and heads to bathroom.

She looks at herself in the mirror and laughs at how bad she looks. Her bun half lose and not looking like a bun anymore. Her make up ran out from the steam of the coffee machines. She takes of her make up and washes her face. After her nightly skin care routine she takes out her bun and brushes her long brown wavey hair. She gets into her pjs and finally heads to her room.

She goes and sits down at her desk and starts doing her math homework for the next day. As soon as she finishes her homework she lets herself fall on her bed. Before she lays her head down to sleep she sets her alarm clock for school. And then finally she falls asleep after a long day.

Aster woke up at five in the morning hearing her mom slamming the doors of cabinets and swearing. She slowly walks to her door and opens it a little bit to watch her mom. Once she saw her mom walking up the stairs she quickly closes the door in the hope she didn't see her. Aster holds in her breath afraid her mom would hear her. Her heart was beating so fast and loud that it feels like her mom would catch her by just hearing her heartbeat. The moment she hears the door of her moms bedroom close. She finally dares to breath out again. She goes back to her bed and tries get in some more sleep before school starts.

Two hours later her alarm starts filling up the room. She quickly turns it off and heads over to her closet to grab her clothes for the day. After looking for a few minutes she grabs her cheer uniform and some spare clothes for after practise, and heads to the bathroom to get changed. While humming to some taylor swift song she aplies a little bit of make up and puts her hair in ponytail.

On her way out of the bathroom she sees her sister standing in the hallway looking at her. "Took you long enough sis" Rose says and walks towards the bathroom. Aster runs her hand through her sisters hair to mess it up while she passes her. "Morning sunshine" She says and gets out of her way. Aster walks back to her room untill she hears her sister saying "Thank you" she says. Without needing more words Aster knows what her sister means "No problem" She smiles to her sister.

Back in her room she grabs her books and packs her bag for school and heads downstairs. On her way to the stairs she sees that her mom already left for work. She lets out a sigh of relief. The less time she needs to spend with her mother the best.

Downstairs she goes into the kitchen and starts making breakfast for her and sister. She finishes her breakfast and looks at the time and notices her sister was still not there. "Rose get your ass down here or I will be late for cheer practise" she yells to her sister. The moment she ended her sentence her sister appears from after the corner. "No need to shout." Rose says and grabs some pancakes to eat on the way to school. They head to Aster her car and head over to school.

They arrive at school and Aster could already see part of her team was already out on the field. She gets out of her car and Rose follows her.

Malory McKnight is standing on the field seeing their captain and her sister arrive. She turns to Eden Asher who is strechting next to her "What is her sister wearing?" Edenjust laughs knowing if she will say something and Aster would hear it she will pay for it. Aster and Rose approaches the field. "Did she really need to bring her witch" Malory says rolling her eyes.

Rose freezes for a second when she heared what Malory said. "Do I really have to be here?" she ask her sister. "No but otherwise you would of have walked to school" she laughs "Beside you wouldn miss the show" Aster says and winks at her sister walking to her team. Rose stays behind confused and goes to sit on the bleachers to watch her sister.

Aster walks to her team and throws her back on the ground "Lets get started bitches" she says and claps in her hands. Everyone gathers around her. "We will start with forming a piramid" Aster turns to Malory "Malory I think for today you should at the bottom since it seems like you gained weight" She says eying her up and down with a straight face. Malory face turns red from anger but she does what is told anyways. After everyone knew there place they start forming the piramid. Aster choses to stand on top of Malory while doing that she deliberately puts her weight to one side. "Aster can you come and help?" one of her team mates asked. "Just a second" she answers and jumps off . While walking towards the girl who needed help she kicks Malorys arm from under her and watch her fall flat on her face. Everybody bursted out in laughter and a smirk appeared on Asters face. She faces her sister and gives her wink while smiling. Rose smiled back and couldn't help but laugh at the scene that happened on the field.

Malory stood up and saw everyone laughing at her. She wipes off the dirt from her uniform and walks over to Aster and grabs her arm making her turn around. Aster just smirked at her "Got a problem hun?" she asked perfectly aware this would piss of Malory even more. "You will pay for this" Malory just answered. "Like I care" Aster says and walks closer to Malory almost standing nose and nose "If you ever say anything about my sister again you will meet my right fist" She treatens and making a feint move to her. Malory wouldn't admit it but this imitaded her a little. She turns around and sways her ponytail in Asters face. Once she is standing next to Eden she says "Are you in to get some revenge?" she asks "Always" Eden answers and they both smirk while looking at Aster.