Chapter three

(𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚃𝚘 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝙱𝚞𝚛𝚗, 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎)

Astrid shoots up with a gasp, sweat dripping from her forehead. She frantically turns on her bedside lamp, running her hand through her hair. So much for a peaceful sleep. She grabs her phone, flinching at the bright screen. 4:32 am. Turning off her phone, Astrid drags herself off the bed.

Deciding it's best to take a shower to wash off the sweat, and also hoping the warm shower would relax her racing mind. After the shower Astrid dried her hair putting on some comfortable clothes.

She goes to her windowsill opening up her curtains so she can see outside. Even though her mind was no longer racing, Astrid knew she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. She goes and grabs her headphones and phone from where she had last placed them.

Going back to her windowsill, she takes a seat and plugs her headphones into her phone. She puts on the headphones, the sound of music flows through her ears as she feels herself getting lost in her thoughts.

❀𑁍❀

Hope walks through the hallway after her session with Emma. She walks into her room quickly pulling out a spellbook from under her bed. Scanning through the pages, she stops on a certain spell 'MORTEM'. Hiding the book again and stuffing the recently ripped page in her back pocket, Hope leaves her room.

Having nothing better to do, she decided to go bother the Carter girl. Hope knocks on the door of Astrid's room, no answer. She knocks again yet still no answer. Muttering a spell and the door opens revealing Astrid who was sitting on her bay window with her headphones in.

A hand startled Astrid's thoughts, making her grab the hand and speed the person to the nearest wall.

"Hope, what the hell are you doing in my room?" The older girl releases her friend.

"Well next time I know not to startle you." Hope retorts watching the girl sit back back down. "Why are you up this early?"

"I'm pretty sure I locked my door last night." Astrid says, avoiding Hope's question.

"I'm a witch, a locked door isn't going to stop me." The Tribrid retorts as she goes to sit next to her friend. "We have to go."

"Okay." The Carter girl says as she gets up and walks to her wardrobe pulling out clothes. "I'm going to change, you can head to the front of the school. I'll meet you there in a few minutes."

"Okay, don't take too long." Hope walks out the room, closing the door on the way.

Grumbling a few words, Astrid makes her way to her bathroom to change.(the outfit on top is what she's wearing throughout the episode) Once she's done she leaves her room and heads to the front of the school where her headmaster and Hope are waiting for her.

"You're late." Dr. Saltzman says as soon as Astrid hopped in the SUV. Astrid jumps when she notices Rafael next to her.

"Why the fuck are you going?" Astrid spats at the werewolf next to her. Rafael glares at her, angered by her sudden rudeness.

"He knows Landon, he can help us find him." Dr. Saltzman chimes in. Astrid just huffs and rolls her eyes.

❀𑁍❀

As the SUV comes to a stop, everyone exits the vehicle and begins walking through the woods. Astrid kicked some leaves as they walked in silence.

"I don't know why he's still out here. He has a whole day's lead on us. He could be anywhere." Hope says. Rafael looks at her.

"Maybe 'cause he doesn't have a reason to run." He retorts.

"Logic that would be perfectly believable if hadn't, you know... ran." Astrid chimes in, sending the werewolf a slight glare.

"Wait, shh." Dr. Saltzman stops, looking around cautiously. Astrid's enhanced hearing caught onto the sound of leaves crunching somewhere in the distance. "You hear that? Someone's here."

The headmaster breaks into a sprint towards the noise, the rest quickly follow him. He stops when he sees a young woman sitting on the ground, hiding behind the big tree. The woman, clearly startled, begins to scramble to her feet.

"It's okay. I-I'm not gonna hurt you." Dr. Saltzman tries to reassure the woman. The woman stumbles back when he moves slightly forward. "Were you on the bus? Can you tell us what happened?"

The woman looks around, ignoring the questions.

"Is she a survivor?" Hope asks.

"Smells like it. She reeks of smoke." Rafael says.

"I think she's in shock." He concludes, turning back to the trio. "Look, I need to get her to the police so she can get some medical attention. Uh, why don't you three go ahead?"

"Don't engage. We don't know how dangerous Landon is." He warns.

"He's not dangerous—" Rafael interjects but is cut off.

"I said don't engage." Dr. Saltzman warns one last time before turning his attention towards the woman.

"Come on." Astrid leads the other two further into the woods.

A/N

I know I haven't updated this story in months. The last few months of 2020 were a bit rough for me causing me to lose the inspiration to write this story.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 💜💙💜