Chapter 11

Callen, Alexa, and Leo arrive at the hospital and walk inside. They are greeted by a very worried looking Sam who is pacing around the waiting room.

"How is he?" Alexa asks walks over to Sam who stops.

"Not sure." He continues pacing. "He's still in surgery." Callen, who is holding Leo, after hearing Sams words, walks over to the front counter.

"Hi, I'm special agent Callen." He says while putting the baby carrier down on the counter and pulling out his badge. "Can you tell me anything about Marty Deeks?"

The nurse at the desk smiles at him. "Sure let me check." She then starts typing on the computer in front of her. "Looks like he's still in surgery. I can go check how it's going for you if you'd like?" Callen nods. She then turns to a nurse sitting behind her. "I'll be back." The nuts then gets up and walks through some doors and disappears.

Callen looks back at Sam and Alexa, who are now both pacing around the waiting room.

"Guys please sit down you're making me and Leo dizzy." Callen states. He picks up the baby carrier and walks over to a seat and sits down. Alexa and Sam do the same.

A few minutes later the nurse comes over. "He's still in surgery, but they are closing him up. He's stable, but will be put in ICU just in case. I'll let you know once he's in the room." She smiles. "Also an agent Blye wanted me to inform you she was with him." She then walks back to her desk.

A sigh of relief passes through each of them.

Just then Hetty and Granger walk into the room.

"How is he?" Hetty asks walking up to the team with Granger at her heels.

"Coming out of surgery soon. They say he's stable." Callen responds.

"Good to hear." Hetty replies and takes the seat next to Sam. Granger sits across from them.

10 minutes later the nurse tells them Deeks was transferred to ICU room 402. The team gets up and heads to the elevators. They get off at the 4th floor and turn left following a sign on the wall with room numbers.

Once they round the corner they see Kensi sitting outside of the room. She immediately gets up. Alexa runs over and gives her a hug. "He's gunna be okay." Kensi cries into Alexa's shoulder.

A doctor comes out of the room and everyone stares at him. "Marty Deeks?" He questions even though it's obvious. We all nod.

"He got lucky. The bullet got lodged into his appendix, but thankfully it plugged the hole it made. It did leak a bit which caused the incident in the ambulance." He paused looking at Kensi who nodded. "We took out the appendix with the bullet still in as we didn't want to make it worse. He should be fine, but I'd like to keep him overnight just in case."

"Thank you doctor." Hetty said. "I'd like to ask you some questions." He nodded and they both walked off. Granger followed with a confused look.

Everybody sighed and took a seat outside the room. They sat in silence for awhile.

WAaaa!Waaa! (Baby cries)

Everyone stares at the baby carrier and then bursts into laughter.

"I think someone's hungry or made a potty?" Callen kinda questioned. He bent over and sniffed the air. "Phew just hungry."

Sam almost fell out of his chair laughing. "I never thought I'd see you smell a baby." He chuckled.

Shaking her head Alexa got up. "Let's go feed him in the car. It'll be quieter and less people looking at me." Callen nodded picking up the baby carrier and following Alexa to the elevator.

As they left a nurse went into Deeks room to check his vitals.

When the nurse came out she turned to Kensi and Sam. "You guys can go in with him now. Just make sure to be quiet. He needs his rest." She says then walks away.

"You go in Kens. I'll wait for Hetty and the rest out here." Sam said. Kensi nodded and went into the room.

She sat down on a chair near the bed and grabbed Deeks hand gently, as to not wake him. "Stop scaring me you idiot." She cried silently.

After awhile Alexa and Callen came back upstairs with Leo passed out in his stroller, Callen had it in his trunk. Hetty and Granger also came back to the room.

"Nurse said he needs to rest." Sam said to everyone.

"The doctor said that as well." Hetty responded. "I think we should all get some rest as well." She said eyeing Alexa.

"Fine." Alexa huffed. Callen and Sam chuckled. "Alright take me home and stop laughing." She pouted at Callen. He shook his head and then kissed her cheek.

"Ok let's go." Callen said then started pushing the stroller to the elevator. Everyone followed. Once downstairs they all went to their cars and went to their respective homes to rest.

----------------------

Other info:
- Yes I said Waa for baby crying. Don't ask. I don't know how else to write it. If you have a suggestion let me know in the comments.

-If you want to know what I mean by baby carrier it is in the photo at the top of the chapter or wherever it shows the photo. The baby carrier is basically a car seat that's portable. It goes on the stroller for infants and babies who are ready for a real stroller.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and ENJOY