Chapter 6: Gratitude With a Teaspoon of Sugar

They accused me of hurting Louis, which I would and could never, but ultimately didn't pin me as the culprit, and let me off with two days suspension rather than arrest.

Louis is in the Infirmary, they said his leg should be healed by the time the performance starts. However, when I was in the drama room after my suspension, there was talk of a new Adler, had Louis not been able to perform. Though, he can, so why would there be talk of a different performer?

It doesn't matter right now, Louis'll perform, he wouldn't let this slip by.

I'm going to go see him today, in the Infirmary, after all of the drama club members finish visiting him, then it'd be just him and I, him and I, but I don't really know how he'd feel about that, maybe I should go with all the drama club members anyways, and just stay longer after they leave.

***
It's around 3 pm, and classes have been dismissed, we're now allowed to visit our clubs, however, we're going to make a stop to our star actor, Louis-Senpai. We all file into the Infirmary, with light chatter, as they all know he's not in any grave situation anymore. He looks just as perfect as he does any other day. I carefully look him over, his overall slim figure, and his chest is the widest part on him, with it slightly curving as I eye his stomach. I bring my eyes back up and look over his facial features, how calm he looks, how perfectly symmetrical and beautiful his antlers are. He is, for lack of a better word, a very handsome animal.

My breathing quickens slightly and I feel a thumping in my chest, I clear my throat softly, fiddling with my hands a little.

Finally, I look over his injury, which is nicely bandaged over, the people of the Infirmary fixed any sort of nerve or vessel damage that could have occurred, even if there had been it wouldn't have been too serious, at least I hope it wouldn't.

I would imagine there would be said damage if he was assaulted by a large breed carnivore. We have claws that are relatively large when put to scale with your average carnivore.

∆∆∆

They came to see me, and they appear relaxed, good, I don't want them worrying about me. I can worry about myself, I don't need the whole damn club or whole school for that matter on me for this. No one here is looking at me, again, luckily, but one, one animal.

Legosi has his attention directly on me. I look back, which he doesn't seem to notice. I let him be, and scan the other members around the room. Not one is missing, good, loyal members to the drama club.

***

It's been about fifteen minutes, and I've spoken with a few of them, answering questions and concerns of theirs, about the play, about me, and of course who did it, I can answer most of them, and do so. Peculiarly, Legosi hasn't shifted his eyes from me for one moment. At this point I'm compelled to point it out. Though I'd rather not embarrass the poor dog, that'd make him more reserved, which, I wouldn't want. I tell there club that I would like to rest up, so I can get back to the club faster, and the all file out the door, with you-know-who at the tail end.

"Legosi?"

His posture straightens, and his ears perk up, he slowly turns around

"Y-yes Louis-Senpai?"

"Come here for a moment will you?"

He fiddles with his hands a little and and takes a few cautious steps forward.

"I'm not gonna bite, Legosi, come closer"

This he does, and stands about a meter and a half from the foot of my bed, I tell him to sit down on the side, which he promptly shuffles over and does so, sitting nervously before me.

"I appreciate that you brought me here after I was attacked, luckily I didn't sustain too much injury."

As much as I hate to do it, I have to

"Thank you, Legosi, for saving me"

His nervousness seemed to fade away, and he gave me a nod, reaching toward me for a moment before stopping and pulling back. He gives a slight smile, and looks away.

"You're welcome, Louis-Senpai" he says with his soft, sweet voice. Before I know it I'm smiling too.

He gets up and looks at me with his kind un-wolf like eyes and gives me a bow.

"Wait.. Legosi"

He stops for a moment and looks at me again with his gentle eyes

"Do you know who attacked me?"

The gentleness from his eyes drained, and left behind a look of guilt and determination

"No.. no, but I will figure it out"

"Thanks again, Legosi"

With that he gives me a nod, and leaves the Infirmary.