( 𝗔 ᶠ.) Kageyama T.

"Dialogue"
Thoughts/Songs/Flashbacks
Important
Pov change, time skip, location jump
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

!TW! homophobia

3rd person pov

3rd person pov

Shouts erupted from the living room endlessly, drowning out any background sounds in the neighbourhood.

"Why can't you accept me for loving who I want to love?!" (m/n) questioned, tears prickling the corners of his eyes.

"Because it's wrong!" his mother retorted, pointing a finger accusingly at her son.

Not even an hour ago, (m/n) announced his relationship with Kageyama to his single mother. He expected her to congratulate or support him but of course, things had to work out badly.

(m/n)'s mother was always a kind woman who was there for her son, working tirelessly to let her child live a comfortable life. She had been there for him through his ups and downs, so why couldn't she now?

"Tell me why is it wrong!"

"It's against your morals! You can't just love another guy, (m/n)! It's disgusting and a disgrace!" she fumed back without much consideration of the boy's feelings.

Suddenly, she paused, wide eyed. Silence engulfed the room periodically.

She looked at (m/n)'s hurt expression and tear-stained face. Even his eyes were puffy from the hot tears streaming down his face when he was screaming.

Her eyes softened immediately and tried to reach out a hand to apologise to her dear son, only to be pushed away.

"O-oh, I'm a disgrace now? Okay then... I'll talk to you later, Kaa-san," he cut her off before she could say a word. The way he reacted was enough to show her how much her words affected (m/n).

He hung his head low, dragging his heavy feet out of the house. He seriously needed to clear his mind.

Leaving (m/n)'s mother alone in the living room, she lifted her trembling hands to cup her pale face. Horror flashed in her eyes as she stared at the now open door, showing (m/n)'s disappearing figure.

Oh god, what have I done...

Timeskip, the next day at school

As per usual, the volleyball team headed towards ukai's store after practice. The boys walked as a group, chatting happily between themselves. Well, except for one.

(m/n) walked a few meters beside the actual group of players, kicking the rocks on the side walk. His face looked all glum with eyes that were certainly burning holes into the ground.

Basically, he radiated 'Get the hell away from me'.

The Karasuno Team soon caught on to their usually, cheerful and bubbly wing spiker, who was suddenly moody all day.

He barely hit any of Kageyama's sets and avoided the setter as much as he could.

"Oi! (m/n)-kun! Why ya so down in the dumps for? You ain't even talking to your boyfriend over there," Tanaka jabbed his thumb in Kageyama's direction with a light chuckle.

Expecting (m/n) to be flustered, he was surprised to find the boy scowling, expression sour with disgust. He turned his head away from the mentioned first year when his mother's words resurfaced in his mind, still clear as day.

"It's disgusting and a disgrace!"

(m/n) grimaced with gritted teeth before walking ahead of the group, leaving them behind. He quickly grumbled something under his breath, sounding somewhat like a goodbye, before dashing off.

Ultimately, they were concerned, even Tsukishima, and especially Kageyama.

"Hey, King. Go catch up with your boyfriend and talk to him or something. He seems... a little off today I guess," Tsukishima commented.

Ignoring the taunting nickname, Kageyama nodded and ran towards (m/n).

"Do you think they'll be okay?" Sugawara asked.

"I really don't know, I've never seen (n/n) so agitated before..." Nishinoya added, sparing the (h/c) boy a glimpse from a distance.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll work it out," Daichi reassured.

I hope...

pov, with (m/n) & kageyama

"Yo (n/n)! Wait up!" The raven-haired setter called out while jogging towards (m/n).

Upon hearing Kageyama's voice, the mentioned boy quickened his walking pace but was not fast enough to 'escape' Kageyama.

Kageyama engulfed the (shorter/taller) male in a tight back hug, burying his face into the back of (m/n).

(m/n) froze as he felt the warmth of his boyfriends arms. He loved this feeling, he needed this feeling. The short sniffles he made was enough to catch the setter's attention, making him hold onto his hands for comfort.

"What's wrong, (n/n)? You wanna head over to mine for tonight?" He suggested softly and ran his fingers through the latter's (h/c) locks gently.

(m/n) turned around with his puffy red eyes and dug his face into Kageyama's chest, letting himself cry his heart out.

No words were exchanged as they basked in each other's embrace, Kageyama swaying their figures slightly while muttering sweet nothings.

A few moments has passed before (m/n)'s continuous sobs stopped and turned into light breathing. He had fallen asleep.

This idiot really fell asleep while standing, pft Kageyama laughed inwardly, picking up (m/n) bridal style. I love him...

I don't know who made you cry but I swear, they're gonna regret it.

I'll get rid of them, for you.

for m1lkbxnny

a/n
i sUCK AT WRITING HELP CKSBJCSND i hope this isn't too bad :')

yes, i have just written some angst, a hint of fluff with a yandere undertone, im such a legend 😎😎 ok maybe not

im so sorry for rushing this oneshot but hopefully, you're still satisfied with the story fjehcejdb i can write a part 2 if you would like :'D

anyway, thanks for reading! rmb to stay safe, eat well, drink lots of water and get enough sleep, ily <3

from the carpark concrete,
seika/wonton :)