.

the shifted
a haikyuu × attack on titan crossover.

"I'll do anything to get that life back."

© fukvr0dan1 2020
all rights reserved.

© fukvr0dan1 2020all rights reserved

A letter to the reader.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for reading the shifted. It means so much to me that you took your time to read this, and I hope I can make it worthwhile.

To give some context, I've always toyed around with the idea of a crossover. Imagining characters being thrown into completely knew and foreign situations, the way the human mind would react to these kinds of practically impossible scenarios are not only a mystery, but something I am avidly fascinated in.

So I wanted to see if I could take my favorite characters, and put them in these situations. How would they react? How would they survive?

Haikyuu is full of amazing and memorable characters with such fleshed out personalities and motives, but they are just normal humans. How would they function in a world as cruel as Attack On Titan?

The reason I decided to go and publish my crazy idea was mostly to satisfy my own curiosity. How far would the characters be able to go? Will I be able to put it into writing? Another reason is because of newfound motivation and boredom in quarantine. Even before the pandemic had begun I've always had a love for writing fiction, but I didn't know how to excecute it. This book is an experiment, an excersize, and for my own curiosity all in one.

Thanks to Isayama's and Furudate's outstanding writing, I am able to take these people and characters with a solid idea of how they would react, feel, change and more. They feel like real people, and as unrealistic as this story is, everything written about these characters feel real. My goal is to make this story as true to the characters as possible, while making it enjoyable for you all.

I think my biggest challenge will be writing the Haikyuu characters into Attack On Titan while not only giving them purpose and fitting them into the storyline without disturbing or changing its flow, but also giving them their own issues that evolves along with the narrative while blending it with the characters of AOT. I am excited to see how it evolves from here on.

For those who it concerns- I will be covering seasons 1-4, so there will be spoilers. Of course it isn't entirely planned, and mostly ambition from my part, but I hope to get that far.

This isn't my first work of fanfiction, but it is my first truly experimental one. I hope it isn't trash, and you that you don't hate it. I apologize in advance for any grammatical, continuity, or plothole errors in my writing. I'm still a highschool student. :')

(not to mention I constantly go back and edit my chapters AFTER I post them like the idiot I am.)

Once again, I thank you for reading. Please enjoy "the shifted!"

(the artwork above is not mine. if anybody can give me the artist's socials so i can properly credit them, i swear i'll shout you out personally. thank you.)

P.S.: NO THIS IS NOT AN "X READER" FIC, WHY ARE PEOPLE ADDING THIS TO THEIR "X READER" READING LISTS? 

STARTED- december 8, 2020.

COMPLETED- ???

The idea of a crossover is not original, and I do not own the characters in this book, but this plot (as far as fanfiction goes) is ENTIRELY my own. Refrain from plagiarising or stealing. Do not post this on other websites, I have my own accounts for that. Thank you.