Chapter One

Ligia' pov
They stick stuff into me. Forced weird liquids down my throat. I have feelings too. But, I didn't think they know that. I was just a lab project to them. They called me Ligia. Though I have to admit wasn't such a bad name. The name felt right to me.
Even after everything they've done to me....I yearned to be one of them. I've seen my appearance, I looked like them. Why couldn't they see that?
I lie inside my glass bed. Staring at the ceiling. The same thing I've been doing for the past few Years. They dressed in all white. One had thick, long black hair and the other was bald. Mathew and Larry, they called themselves. They as in..the scientists. The ones that made me.
" So, what else do we need to do to her?" I heard Larry say, one night before leaving the lab.
Mathew chuckled, " Athena wants her in Just a few days but, I don't think she's ready yet."
" What could possibly be wrong with her? We made the perfect human. Not only is she gorgeous...she's also smart. She knows everything. Her I.Q might be above Einstein's. "
Laughing Mathew slams his hand on a table, scaring me. They talk as if I wasn't there.
" Larry." He said, " Larry, she was made to be a soldier. Not you girlfriend. Please whatever feelings....you might have for her....get rid of it.."
Larry and Mathew left the lab. They turn off the lab lights from outside, Leaving me in total darkness. I wanted to be free. Everyday I dream of freedom. Sweet Freedom. I've decided that I hate labs and scientists.
I stare into darkness. The darkness was my friend. I sometimes get lost in it. It didn't stick needles into my skin and force me to drink liquids.
It wasn't fair.
It just wasn't.
While they were out there, I was here. In a glass. Tears flow freely out of my eyes. At Least I can cry. But, I didn't deserve this. The anger took over my body. Without thinking I slam my fist into the glass....shattering it.
Was I that strong?
Since my bed was upward on a wall, I didn't get hurt much. Just a few tiny cuts on my hands. I push myself out of the cage I was trapped inside. I was finally free. I looked for the nearest exit and I found it. It was the back exit. The alarm then went on. I slam my feet though the door and ran out. I didn't stop running until I saw bright lights and huge buildings. I knew that I was in the city.