9. Kaori

Katsuki woke up the next day right beside (Y/n). His face grew red and he slowly sat up, careful not to disturb the sleeping figure beside him. As soon as his arms unwrapped from their body, they rolled over to face Katsuki, and he saw that they were actually wide awake.

"Good morning?" Katsuki said, confused. His voice was scratchy and quiet, due to him just waking up.

"Morning." (Y/n) did not sound impressed. At all. Katsuki quirked an eyebrow.

"The fuck's up with you?" They rolled their eyes and lightly punched his arm.

"You fell asleep with your arms wrapped around me. Couldn't get out when I woke up. You sleep harder than a fucking rock," (Y/n) scoffed.

"Oh.." Katsuki's face brightened slightly. "Sorry..." He muttered, looking away from (Y/n)'s eyes.

"Yeah huh. Now go back to sleep. I've got something to do," they said, getting up from the bed with a small stretch.

"I don't trust that one bit. Maybe keeping you next to me was a good idea..." Katsuki whispered the last part. (Y/n) did a fast 180 and glared at Katsuki, placing their hands on their hips.

"No. You've held me hostage in this house, in this room, long enough. I'm on parole now," they stated boldly, turning back around and walking out of the room, slamming the door behind them. Katsuki shook his head, muttering a few curses, then pulled the blankets off of him and followed after them.

When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he saw (Y/n) staring down at their phone, frozen in place in the middle of the living room. Katsuki raised his eyebrows and began to creep closer to them, keeping out of their eyesight. (Y/n)'s hands started shaking, their gaze never lifting from their phone.

The shaking became so intense that the phone slipped out of (Y/n)'s hands, falling to the carpet floor with a small thud. Their hands grabbed the sides of their head and they fell down onto the couch, propping their elbows on their knees.

Katsuki picked up the pace and reached the couch, leaning over to grab the phone from the floor. He looked over the screen it was currently on. It was an Instagram post from the user "GL1T¢H_," which Katsuki assumed was their own account. The post read:

Hello Glitch fans! This is not Glitch, this is actually their parents speaking. We have heard of Glitch's recent episode and are desperately searching for them. Search parties are everywhere and will not stop searching until they are home safe. We'll keep everyone updated, please keep Glitch in your prayers! <3

The picture below it showed a picture of a smiling (Y/n) holding a diamond play button. They had one of those?? And didn't tell Katsuki about it??

"Alright dumbass, listen up. I don't know anything about your home life, but from what I've seen, you obviously don't want to go back there... Can you at least tell me why?" Katsuki asked, crouching down on the floor to reach (Y/n)'s current height.

"I can't go back. I can't. They'll.. They'll hurt Kaori..."

"(Y/n). Who's Kaori?" Katsuki brought his tone down to a soothing one, in an attempt to coax the information out of them.

"My brother.... They blame him for me being me, so when I fuck up, they fuck him up. Oh god.. he's probably dead by now..." (Y/n) sunk further into the couch.

"Stop it. I'm sure your brother's fine, ok? If he's anything like you, he can take it. He's strong, just like how you're strong. But, you can't stay here forever. You have to go back somed-"

"I'M NEVER GOING BACK THERE!!" (Y/n) screamed, standing up abruptly. They grabbed Katsuki's chin roughly and pointed it upwards to look them in the eye, since he was still crouched down. "And if you're not going to help me out, then I'm leaving this place. Goodbye Bakugou." They let go of his chin, pushing him backwards a little.