𝟥𝟧 | 𝖯𝖠𝖨𝖭 & 𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖡𝖫𝖤𝖬𝖲

CORINNE DIDN'T HAVE A BAD LIFE

CORINNE DIDN'T HAVE A BAD LIFE. She could easily rank the top five worst days of her life because she didn't have bad days. She was privileged like that. No matter what Nicole, Coriah, and her grandmother always made sure she was straight.

She never had to worry about where her next meal was coming from, whether or not their utilities and rent would be paid, she never worried about people talking about her because of her clothes because she had the best of the best.

Her lifestyle humbled her because everybody ain't have it easy as she did. So she always participated in school donations, anything she could to give back to the community. She would handout out of the blue compliments to random boys and girls because you never know what somebody going through. So she didn't understand why the boy that was hers had to be a criminal going to jail

"Look I know you don't like answering unknown numbers and shit but tonight I'mma need you too." He says completely changing to the topic of conversation.

"What?" She asks.

"I can't text you or anything and tell you it's me. You just gotta answer." He continues to explain. Corinne's heart drops when she realizes what was happening.

"Now?" She asks.

"Yeah, they at the door." He says, looking at her through the phone. "Look you gone be straight. Anything you need, gang got you." He gives her the same spiel he had given his grandmothers, mother, and sister.

"Everybody know it's up over you." He continues. "What you need me to do? While you...away?"

"Let my momma know for me." He tells her. "Okay, what's her number?" She asks. He starts listing the number off the top and as he finishes, there was a knock. "I'mma call her in a minute" She whispers, wiping away tears before they fell.

"You know Ion like you crying over me." He says. "I'mma miss you." She forces a smile.

"They can't keep me away from you for too long." He attempts to comfort her. "I know." She nods wiping her eyes again.

"I love you, mama." He tells her. "I love you too, stink." She says before he hangs up. She wipes her eyes trying to get herself together before she went to ask her teacher if she could step out to make a call.

"What do you need, milky way?" Dr. Ramsey asks when she walks up to his desk. He had nicknames for every student in his class. Since Corinne's last name was Solis, it was too close to Solar which was Solar System not to call her "milky way".

"Can I step out to make a call?" She softly questions making him look up at her.

"What's wrong?" Her eyes and nose were red. "A lot but I'mma be okay." She says. "Well as I say, the best work is produced from pain which is why I'm recommending you for the Global Pre-Med Scholarship. I know you've already submitted your application for the National Honor Society but this is exactly the type of thing that will set your resume ahead of others. You want to go to Hopkins right?" He tells her. He already had intentions of telling her after class but he figured she needed the pick me up.