New Holiday Part 1

Before I knew it we're on the plane. I don't know what to do. If my parents like Scotland we are going to move there which means I won't be able to see Mckenzie which means we will probably break up. I sit on the plane and stare at the window. I'm so nervous that when the nice lady offers me free food and drinks I say no. Even though I'm starving. I can't move to Scotland. I can't. There's only one thing I can do. I have to try and make this trip as terrible as possible. We're only here for a couple of days, so I haven't got much time.

We arrive in Scotland and go straight from the airport to the car. In the car, my mum starts asking me questions.

"So, do you like any guys," my mum says.

Crap. I think to myself. What am I supposed to say? Hey, I don't like guys. I like girls. In fact, I'm dating Mckenzie.

"No, not really," I lie.

"She's too young to be in love with any boys," my father says.

If only he knew I had a girlfriend. We sit in silence the rest of the way and as soon as we get to the hotel I start brainstorming ideas.

"Okay, let's go," I say to myself. I grab a big sheet of paper and some textas.

"I can pretend to be sick," I say listing ideas. "I can make them sick. I can stay in my room. I can pretend to be bored." I tap the purple marker on the side of my foot. "What else."

I can't think fo anything else and so I decide on what I'm going to do. "I'm going to make them sick."

That afternoon we go out for dinner at some fancy restaurant. We walk in and sit at a table for four people. I look at the menu and decide what I want to eat.

"So, what do you want," my mum asks me.

"I'm thinking of having just some fish and chips," I reply.

"Okay." She gets up and goes to order. When she comes back we decide to have a conversation while we wait for the food.

"Are you sure there aren't any guys that you have your eye on," my mum asks me?

"Really mom, this again," I say.

"I told you she is too young to be liking anyone," my father says.

"I think it would be good for her," my mum says. I lean back and sigh. I can't believe we are going to have this conversation again. "I mean, I think she should get out more. Experience things. Things such as being in love."

"I am in love," I quickly shout. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Now, what am I going to say?

"What do you mean," my father says.

"I mean, I mean," I say. I look around and see our waitress walking towards us with food in her arms. "Look, food."

I can't believe I did that. Tonight I was planning to put some stuff in their food which would make them sick. But now that I've said that their eyes are going to watch me all night. Waiting for me to do something.

"I like Scotland," my father says eyeing me suspiciously. "We are going back tomorrow and packing our bags because in a week we will be moving to Scotland."