Chapter 1

"Darling would you like to dance?" My fiancé asks. I simply nod bored out of my mind.

He leads me onto the dance floor and we begin the waltz. "Are you enjoying yourself."

"Yes this is a lovely ball." I reply sarcastically

"Maria I can hear your sarcasm. Please be kind."

"I know this is important to you."

"Thank you." I look over his shoulder and see a man dressed all in black except for the silver on his mask.

The tall man watched as I waltzed around the floor. His eyes stared into mine as he walked closer. I clutched onto my fiancé hoping that the man would find new prey. He tapped the shoulder of the man I was dancing with and soon I was in his arms as he carried me across the floor.
"Let me see under your mask" his deep voice commanded.

"It would ruin the whole point of the masquerade ball."

"Cmon just a glimpse. I just want to know if your one of those boring rich people. Or if your actually worth my time."

"You should know I'm happily engaged."

"You should know that I absolutely do not care. Your not married yet anything could happen." The dance ends and he disappears in the crowd.

"Who was that love?"

"I don't know" he shrugs and wraps an arm around my waist leading me to another boring business conversation.

*

Later on in the night the man appears again. He waves his hand motioning for me to come over.

"I'll be right back I see one of my friends." I tell James. He just glances in my direction. So I walk towards the man.

"You look bored."

"Business conversations are never entertaining."

"Then maybe you would sneak off with me."

"I don't even know your name how could I trust you?"

"Well my names Ashton I'm 22 and a very trustworthy guy. At least my friends think so."

"Well..."

"Live on the wild side" I look back at James who's still deep in conversation.

"10 minutes that's all I have." He smiles and walks swiftly to the door me following behind him.

He walks to the elevator and we ride it all the way to the top. He walks off and heads towards the stairs. He opens the door to the stairwell and I walk inside. I feel arms wrapping around my waist and the back of my knees.

"Ah what are you doing" I shout in fear and struggle in his arms.

"I'm just saving time it would have taken forever for you to get up these steps." We reach the roof and he sets me down.

"So you know my name. What's yours?"

"I'm Maria and I'm 20."

"Will you let me see under your mask now since technically we aren't at the ball anymore."

"I suppose but you need to take off yours."

"Alright." He reaches up and takes off his mask revealing a handsome face. His eyes are a gorgeous green and his eyebrow piercing shines in the moonlight.

"Your turn." I reach behind and untie my mask. He takes two steps forward and places a hand on my cheek.

"More beautiful than I could've imagined." His face gets closer to mine.

"I should get back James is probably starting to worry." I run down the stairs and into the elevator just before the doors close he squeezes inside.

"Are you afraid of me?" He steps in front of me.

"No I'm just very much so in love with my fiancé." I fasten my mask back over my face.

"Then we should at least be friends."

"I suppose that could work out." He smiles and the elevator doors open. I turn and walk back into the ballroom. I feel a slip of paper being placed in my hand. I turn around and no ones there.

Maria,
Meet me at Hashdale park Monday morning 9:30. Come alone.
Ashxx

I debate in my head whether or not to meet with him and decide to figure it out later. James is exactly where I left him engulfed in conversation. I slide next to him and his arm subconsciously wraps around my waist. His conversation ends and he turns to me.

"Are you ready I'm getting a bit tired." I nod and he gets his coat from the coat check. We walk out into the cold London air.

"Here" he places his coat gently on my shoulders.

"Thank you." Our driver pulls up.

"Whoa" I giggle as James lifts me up bridal style and carries me into the car.

"I never got the chance to tell you how beautiful you look tonight." I blush and pull his coat tighter around me. The driver pulls up to our house and James grabs my waist as I jump out of the car.

I know it sounds like we are in love by actually James has been my best friend since I was twelve and he was fifteen. Our parents were very close and they decided that we would get married. So our relationship is the result of an arranged marriage.

We walk inside and I realize I'm still holding the price of paper. I throw it into the garbage and follow James to our room. I hand him his coat and turn around so he can unzip my dress. He took my mask off in the car and it's now sitting on the bed next to his.

I slip out of my dress and walk it to the closet. I feel warm hands grab my bare waist. I giggle as I'm spun around but instead of James it's Ashton. His hand goes to my mouth.

"Shh I just wanted to know if you were coming so I didn't waste my whole morning." He whispers.

I nod and he smiles. "See you then. Nice panties by the way." He climbs out the window next to my closet. I look down and I'm just in my bra and underwear. I blush realizing how much Ashton saw.

"Babe what are you doing?" I hear James call.

"Oh I'm just putting my dress away." I place it in its box and walk back out to the room. He has changed so he's just in his boxers. We're engaged so it's ok we'll be seeing this stuff soon enough since the wedding is in two weeks.

I grab one of his plain white t-shirts and take my bra off I slide it over me and walk in the bathroom. I take my hair out and my makeup off. I then climb into my bed cuddling up against my sleeping fiancé.

Masquerade| a.i. punk auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें