The Smell

Captain was asleep in his bed. Stoner had tried to wake him up multiple times. No use. Stoner decided to try stealing his hat. He took it and placed it in the doorway.

Captain woke up. He touched his head. There was nothing. He saw his hat in the doorway and went to pick it up. He stepped quietly, so the others in the boy's bedroom would stay asleep. He picked up his hat and put it it his head.

"Captain." Stoner whispered. Captain didn't see him. He screamed from the jumpscare but Stoner covered his mouth.

"Shhhhh." Stoner said. Captain nodded and Stoner let go. "Let's go to where nobody is, so we don't have to whisper." Stoner told Captain. The two went to the cafeteria.

"Stoner, why would you steal my hat?" Captain asked.

"It was the only way to wake you up." Stoner replied.

"Why did I need to wake up exactly?" Captain asked. He yawned a bit.

"Okay, it's hard to explain, I can't quite find the right words on how to describe it." Stoner said.

"That's okay! Try your best." Captain told him.

"Maybe I should just show you." Stoner said. He lead Captain to Navigation.

"Everything seems normal." Captain said.

"Do you smell that?" Stoner asked. Captain sniffed the air. He smelled something foul.

"Yeah, what is that? Did something die?" Captain asked.

"I don't know, let's leave before we pass out." Stoner said. The two held their breath and went back to Cafeteria. They gasped a bit.

"Geez, how did a smell like that get in the ship?" Captain asked.

"I don't know, let's go to sleep. Maybe it will be fixed by then." Stoner said.

"Good idea." Captain replied.

Stoner and Captain were roommates with all the other boys. They quietly went back into their beds.

Captain could barely hear it. A faint clatter. So faint, it must have come from the other side of the ship. 

"Stoner? Did you hear that?" Captain asked.

Stoner groaned a bit as he turned on his side.

Captain didn't want to bother him. He went back to Navigation by himself. He saw that a vent had opened and the cover was on the floor. Captain picked it up and was about to place it back on the vent when he saw something inside.

"Oh my god!" Captain cried out.

Morning came soon. Stoner remembered that Captain left the room last night. He looked in Captain's bed, but Captain wasn't there. He guessed he was in Cafeteria, eating breakfast early. Stoner went to cafeteria. Captain wasn't there. Stoner guessed he was in Navigation. Nope, Captain wasn't there either. The smell was still foul. Stoner ended up looking in every room of the ship. Twice. Captain was nowhere. Stoner was worried.

"What's wrong, Stoner?" Player asked.

"I can't find Captain. Anywhere." Stoner said.

"You checked every room?" Player asked.

"Yes, I did." Stoner replied

Soon, everyone was informed about Captain's disappearance. Angel- being the sweet person she is - tried to comfort Stoner. It was useless.

"I should have gone with him." Stoner said.

"Don't blame yourself, this isn't your fault." Angel said.

Stoner did not believe her.