Prologue

In Heaven, Angels protect the world below; they are sent down to guide humans who may be venturing down the wrong path, and guardians are sent down to protect the Angels. All time on Earth is limited, as an Angel can't survive on Earth forever. Their souls are only borrowing bodies that were created for a short amount of time, time needed to save a human from making wrong decisions. Angels aren't born to their bodies, which is why after the mission is over; be it a win or a loss, the Angel must return to Heaven.

Where there are Angels, there are also Demons. Demons are sent to Earth to cause chaos and destruction; to take a good human and turn them on the path of evil. Heaven and Hell are in a constant battle for souls; as once a human dies, the soul is either brought down to Hell to suffer eternal torment for their crimes on Earth, or brought to the light to be made new and find peace, and sometimes be granted special titles; such as Guardian, Elder, or Healer.

Dante Maxwell is unfortunately being manipulated by an evil presence after the unfortunate and tragic death of his partner Amanda, and his destiny to become a future Heaven guardian is at risk the more he gives into darkness and his grieving. There's only one Angel in Heaven who is perfect for the mission to save Dante's soul, and that Angel, is Elena.

Elena is a special energy because she's lived two successful human lives before taking her light and becoming an Angel. Having lived those two human lives, she learned all of the life lessons that a human should learn in their life; including the meaning of true love. When a spirit becomes an angel, they sacrifice all emotions and become numb to human desires and needs; and are able to be around humans without wishing to join the human world, but that's what makes Elena so different and yet so special; she's an angel with a human soul and human memories from her two lives. She remembers what it's like to love, to grieve, to experience the riches and the poor of a human life.

She has helped many humans find their way again, but in the end when she must leave, she is forced to remember why Angel's don't have emotions anymore. The pain of saying goodbye is sometimes too much. This time around, when Elena meets Dante, she closes herself off to protect her heart, but will it last the entire time she is on Earth? Or will she be forced to admit that being an angel is no longer what she wants? Will Dante change her life when she's supposed to be changing his?

Follow Elena into her new life as Elena Drevaria, the human Undercover Angel.