Chapter 1

POV: Jasper

"Nice to meet you Jasper, my name is Yashi Chernov, but you can call me what ever makes you comfortable." Says the tall woman behind the desk. Her hands are folded in front of her, and  her smile is warm and sincere. She has dark, angular facial features. Her long black hair is pulled away from her face in a half up half down bun. She has beautiful hair, the rest of her was alright, but her silky black hair was a marvel. I nod, pretending to care or even know about whatever shes saying.

"So what will it be?" She says cocking her head slightly. I look down at my hands, not remembering what she had asked. Then expecting for her to press on. Instead, she clears her throat and looks down at her papers.

"The minor details can wait. Now, something that I do with all of my clients is let them tell me about their day. And because you are now one of my clients, you get to share." She says it in a business-like way, not a "I'm talking to a 6 year old" way. Every therapist I've ever had always talks to me as if they don't expect me to understand English, or how to have a normal conversation. I like that.

"But you can't trust her."

I snap my neck over my shoulder back towards the door looking for the voice.
The suddenness of my movement catches her attention.
"Is everything alright?" She asks with a smile.
"I don't like therapy ." I say, avoiding her gaze.
"And why is that?" She asks after jotting something down in a note pad.
"I don't trust them with my secrets." I say glaring at her notepad. The atmosphere in the room suddenly became cold and quiet.
"I don't trust doctors either." I say blankly.
She looks up from her pad with a curious expression.
"Isn't your father a doctor?"
"Nurse, my dad's a nurse." I say correcting her.
She took off the brassy wire rimmed glasses that I didn't notice on her face until just them.
"Is there a difference?" She asked.
"No, I hate nurses more than anything." I say blankly.