Epilogue

It was a couple months later, close to the end of March. Peter would be turning eight soon. For now, he was sitting in his room, playing with his toys. He heard voices speaking in the room next door and headed in to investigate.

From behind a corner, he peeked out to see what was happening. He could see his dad, Stephen, talking with someone...who turned out to be...

Peter couldn't resist. He ran into the room and jumped into Stephen's lap. "Oh," Stephen said. "Hey kiddo."

"Who's this?" the other man asked.

"This is my son," Stephen said. "Peter."

The man nodded. "Peter, this is Thor," Stephen explained.

Peter's eyes opened in surprise. "Thor? Lighting guy?"

Stephen nodded. Peter smiled. He turned to Thor. "Where's the hammer?" he asked excitedly.

"I have it, it's in another room," Thor said.

Stephen motioned for Peter to settle down and allowed him to sit on his lap. "So, I keep a watchlist," he explained to Thor. "Of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother, Loki, is one of those beings."

"A worthy inclusion," Thor agreed.

"Yeah," Stephen said. "So, why bring him here to New York?"

Thor sighed. "That's a long story," he tried to explain. "A family drama, that kind of thing, but... we're looking for my father."

"Oh, okay, Stephen said. "So, if you find Odin, all parties concerned will promptly return to Asgard, probably?"

"Oh, yes," Thor said. "Promptly."

"Great," Stephen said with much more enthusiasm. "Let me help you."

As Stephen got up and took Thor to another room, Peter stayed behind. He was still excited from just meeting Thor, his second-favorite Avenger. He just wondered when he would meet Iron Man.  

He actually wondered a lot of things. Like why his dad didn't send him to school like the other kids he saw walking in the park when they went out. Why they didn't have a car. Why they didn't go out that much. Why they didn't ride planes anymore.

He knew it had something to do with the magic that he'd seen his dad do, but he still desperately wanted to go to school and at least make a friend. But he sensed that he might not be able to do that for sometime.

But the magic he'd seen...that had looked really cool to him. He wanted to learn how to do that...but he knew it would take time. And then he wouldn't be able to go to school at all.

Sighing, he stood up. He would think about it later. Once his dad was done talking to Thor. 

As he headed back to his room, he didn't notice the red-and-blue spider crawling across the floor, directly towards his bare feet.