Emotionally Attached

When I met him, I was not sure what to do. Every expectation, he exceeded. I forgot to mention that I did not have any expectations. I was used to always being let down, so when he uplifted me I was speechless. When he did things out of the kindness of his own heart, I was surprised. I did not feel adequate, I did not feel like I deserved his good treatment. It was a different world that I was entering. He always put my feelings first and was always thinking about what I might like. Here I thought that I was complicated. He was compassionate and selfless. He listened to me and wanted to understand why I think the way I do. Things were not one sided anymore. He had his voice and he had plenty to say. It felt weird. It felt like a dream vacation. Being incorporated without imposing myself. Having respect for me without even knowing me. Looking at me in the eyes and it felt real. His laugh is contagious and his demeanor is courageous. When I look up, I'm proud of who I see. He doesn't leave me wondering how he feels. He is more honest and upfront than me. When he is down, he allows me in. He gives me the chance to see him vulnerable, yet all I see is him being more powerful. He leads and I follow. He lets me rest when he knows I need it while being so silent. Whenever I say thank you, he says, "no, thank you!" And the best part about when we hug is that I look forward to it. It's not just something we do or routine. When we embrace each other, it's forever. He doesn't let go...and neither do I. Maybe physically, but not emotionally.