Chapter Ten

Liam ran his hands over his shaved head in frustration. Harry has called him in the middle of the night again to help him out again. Only this time it was more serious. Liam fishes his phone out of his back pocket and dials Zayn's number, figuring he'd need the most time to get ready, as he reached for his car keys.

He explains what was going on and if he'd help with the search. After hanging up with a very irritated Zayn, who agreed in the end, he calls the others and re-explains everything three more times. Unlike Zayn, they offer to help without much pleading or coaxing.

They all agreed to meet at The Corner Cafe, except Paul. He was too worried and yelled at Liam through the phone until he told him what he already knew, so he could start searching as soon as he can.

There weren't as many cars out at the time, but enough traffic to have to drive slower than Liam would've liked. He pulls up in an empty spot next to the small shop and turns off his car. He is surprised it was still open. He hears the small bells above the door jingle when he walks inside. He spots Louis seated in a booth near the back, even though almost no one was in there. He quickly makes his way over, swerving among the tables.

"Any news?" Louis asks as soon as Liam was in quiet talking range. Liam shakes his head nervously. Louis pushes a mug of steaming coffee towards him. Liam gratefully accepts it, taking a big gulp. He feels the hot liquid go down his throat and disappear among his body heat.

They sit there noiselessly until they hear the tiny bell a few minutes later. Niall has made it there next. He sits down next to Liam and Louis hands Niall his cup. "Have you heard anything?" Niall asks them both.

"No."

Again they sat in silence, each with their own thoughts, as they wait for Zayn. It wasn't long until the bells announce Zayn's arrival. He walks in looking the best out of all of them. While Louis, Niall, and Liam just hurriedly changed and drove down here, Zayn obviously took a little more time to get ready. He swaggers forward (like Draco) and seats himself next to Louis.

Louis turns to him and asks, "What took you so long?" Zayn just shrugs. Louis hands Zayn his cup and they all took a long drink from their own.

"So, what's the plan?" Niall asks, looking around at everybody.

"Well I thought," Liam pauses to take a drink. "That we should all get back in our cars and drive around and hope we stumble across them."

The other three nod. "Also, Harry mentioned that they are in a dodgy part of the city." None of them seem to be paying attention, but he continues on. "I'll go search north. Louis, you try west, Niall east, and Zayn south." As one, they stand up from the table and left in their cars.

Harry is walking back to the decaying couch where Lauren lay. He guesses he was roughly half way back when he sees car lights coming from behind him. He looks over his shoulder, but he is forced to squint due to the bright headlights.

The car slows down as it approaches Harry, its window rolled down. It pulls up right next to him, slowing down enough to be going at a walking pace. Harry could see the long blonde hair of one of the girls that attacked them. "Hey, pretty boy," she says in a seductive voice, but he could hear the hatred in it.

"What do you want?" Harry spits at them.

"Oh, I don't know. Revenge," she grins evilly at that last word. Harry, slightly confused, glances around to see if he could get help before he finds out what their revenge is. He looks back at the car to find Black Beauty standing next to him with a wooden baseball bat.

Before he could react, she swings it at him. It lands a hard blow to his left side, which is sure to bruise. He yells in pain and rubs it with his arm. She swings again and it lands on his exposed other side. Harry suddenly remembers his boxing skills and is able to dodge the bat a few times. He begins to avoid more and more hits.