Detentions And Dances

TW!: Rape, Suicide, Bullying.
Read at your own risk

I was on my way to detention with Umbridge, my books in hand as I just came from class, she said at five but I wanted to get it over with. It was only a month after she had arrived and she already made our lives a living hell. I had detention with her for three days in a row last week for wearing my uniform sloppily and refusing to fix it. I had 'I must respect my elders' engraved in my hand and today I was going to have it reopened. I was late to class by 20 seconds and she began to yell at me, I said some things about her under my breath which she happened to have heard and gave me detention. No doubt she would make me write the same thing for hours until I felt lightheaded from the lack of blood and nothing to drink. Right before knocking on her office door I made sure I looked as sloppy as possible and practiced a lazy smile to get on her nerves. I knocked on her door giving her a smile.
"Sorry I'm early proffesor." I said before walking into her office as she got out her quill. "I had to study today and thought it best to get this over with so I can focus." I said. I wasn't lying either, it's hard to focus on schoolwork when your constatly reminded of the dreaded five o'clock detention.
"No worries dear." She said in her annoying high pitched voice. "Gives me time to grade students papers." She smiled sickeningly sweet before handing me the quill and a piece of parchment. "I assume you know what to write." She said with an evil grin gesturing to my hand.
"Yes." I said looking at it letting my red locks cover my face as I spoke through gritted teeth. "How many times today, professor?" I said looking up with fake sadness in my eyes so she could be satisfied and let me go earlier.
"How about one hundred and fifty?" She said rhetorically sitting in her chair pouring some tea for herself as she watched me begin to write. On my tenth line I felt the familiar pain as the words began to engrave themselves into my skin. I hissed in pain quietly and continued to write. On my hundreth line I began to feel the slight dizziness as my arm was going numb. I looked up to see Umbridge glaring at me. I shrugged her off emotionally as I continued to write. When I reached my last line I had a huge headache and honestly felt as if I could pass out. She gave me a water bottle and sent me up to the common room. Grabbing my books I shoved my water into my robes and began walking down the hall and up the stairs to gryffindor common room. I entered through the portrait hole to see Hermione, Ron, and Harry talking on the couch and Fred and George talking in the corner. I set my books down as my arms were tired from carrying them and the lack of blood and water. I had forgotten that she had given me water and I stood there, wobbling slightly as I was dizzy and my head was throbbing. Suddenly I felt a pair of small hands setting me on the couch and saw Ron looking around the room asking people if they had water. I saw Hermione next to me wrapping up my hand and Harry pulled the water out of my robes opening it and handing it to me.
"Thanks Harry, you too Hermione," I smiled at them weakly as I took the water from Harry and literally chugging the whole thing. After that I felt much better, I was barely bleeding at this point and I had some water in me.
"Gosh that Umbridge," Hermione said, "How can she be so evil?" She asked rhetorically I laughed and answered her jokingly.
"Oh you know Umbridge," I laughed, "It runs in that toads family." I said, Harry snorted as Hermione shook her head disapprovingly.
"Honestly you two," she said hitting Harry upside the head as Ron sat down next to me lifting my legs and setting them on his lap. "She could be listening."
"Oh please, she doesn't listen to anybody." I stated with an annoyed laugh. "It's not in her nature." Hermione bit her lip trying not to laugh at my snarky statement as Harry and Ron just let loose. Fred and George had came over and as the trio and I laughed with each other George inspected my hand and Fred was feeling my Forehead and cheeks. After about a minute of this I wiggled my hand away from Fred and swatted their hands away.
"Back off!" I squeeled with a smile waving their hands away from me.

------------------------
2 months later

Dumbledore said we were going to have an upperclassmen dance. Fifth sixth and seventh years were going to be attending a ball as to show the ministry that all was good at hogwarts. Even if they clearly weren't. It was a week before the ball and nobody asked me, which honestly I was ok with. I had a dress in the line up just in case but if no one asked me I was perfectly fine with not going, Hermione however would not allow it. I was sitting in the great hall eating when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I saw a fifth year hufflepuff standing behind me, he looked nervous and his face seemed flushed.
"H-hi." He stuttered. His name was Micheal Corbin, he was a handaome kid and very sweet I saw him pep talking some first years after they had their first run in with Umbridge.
"Hey Micheal," I smiled at him sweetly as I stood up. He was a couple inches taller than me and he was quite fit, you could tell he worked out.
"Would you like to go to the ball with me?" He asked quickly shutting his eyes and inhaling sharply. My smile faded slightly but it quickly grew bigger than it was before. He opened his eyes scared to meet his outcome but when he saw me nod with a huge smile on his face, his gaze softened and he smiled looking behind me somewhere. I didn't bother turning around.
"Great I'll meet you here when the ball starts." He said as he now looked to me with a smile.
"Ok." I said as he walked towards the Hufflepuff table. I sat down to see Hermione smiling at me. "Not a word." I said sternly my smile still planted on my lips. The twins looked angry for some reason as they began talking to Lee in secrecy as Harry smiled at me sweetly and Ron looked a bit shocked. I laughdd at Ronalds flustered state and began to eat again.