1 • Thanksgiving with the Bartons

Nat goes to the Barton's every Thanksgiving. This time she brings along Steve as he is alone this holiday season. Set after the first Avengers movie before CA:WS. Fluff.

"Natasha, seriously I'll be fine here,"

"Rogers you shouldn't have to spend Thanksgiving alone," Natasha insits.

"Fine," Steve agrees.

"Come onnnn, It'll be fun," She cheers.

Steve laughs at her enthusastim. Later in the day, Steve climbs into the passenger seat of Natasha's black Corrvette. She drives too fast and too recklessly for Steve's taste. Infact, he holds onto his seatbelt for most of the ride. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, so Natasha drives overnight.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" Steve asks as Natasha contiues to drive down a dirt road, that threatens to scrape the bottom of her car with every bump.

"No. No I don't think I will," She smiles. Minutes later, Natasha turns onto yet another dirt and gravel road. This one is lined with trees on either side, and at the end sits a quiet and large country house. Natasha pulls into the driveway and steps out of the car. Steve watches as two little kids run from inside.

"Auntie Nat," The little girl laughs as she jumps into Natasha's arms. Natasha hugs her back and the boy, who appears to be slighlty older than the girl, wraps his arms around one of Natasha's legs. She gives him a pat on the back and puts the girl back on the ground. Steve who is akwardly grabbing their bags from the car questions,

"Who are these two Natasha?"

"Come inside and find out," She chuckles as I follow her into the house. Inside, the kids run through the halls and up and down stairs. Steve turns to find the team's archer sitting on the couch with a beer. He gets up and lifts Nat into a hug. He lets her go and gives Steve's hand a firm shake.

"So these are your kids?" Steve asks Clint.

"Yup. My wife Laura is in the kitchen,"

"You are married and have two kids. How come I didn't know this?"

"Well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. Keep it sepreate from SHIELD, off the books, I'd like to keep it that way," Clint explains.

"Of course," Steve agrees, "Thanks for having me."

"Anytime Steve, your always welcome here," Clint's wife, Laura, says coming out from the kitchen.

"I'm Cooper," The boy says still clinging to Nat's side.

"I'm Steve," Steve replies, kneeling down to Copper's height.

"Uncle Steve!" The girl jumps from Natasha's hold on her hip. She leaps into Steve's arms.

"I'm Lila,"

"It's very nice to meet you Lila,"

Natasha and Laura had slipped away and are moving about the kitchen. Natasha offers to set the table and put the food their. Last time she helped cook a dinner, they ended up getting takeout instead. Cooper takes Steve around the house and shows him all his favorite hiding spots for hide and seek. Then Lila proceeds to show Steve every Barbie she owns and recites all of their names. Eventually they are all sitting at the dining room table passing the food around. Lila sits promtly to Natasha's right and Cooper on the other side of her. Steve can tell these kids adore her and it goes both ways.

Later in the night they all seated in the living room; the two kids asleep across Steve and Natasha's lap. Soon after Nat's leg falls asleep she offers to bring them up to their rooms. Steve helps. Natasha carries Lila and Steve, Cooper, upstairs. They place them down and Cooper stays fast asleep and Steve lays him down and tucks him in. The solider, passes Lila's room where she is now awake and talking with Natasha.

"Auntie Nat," Steve hears Lila say from his position at the door.

"Yes?"

"I love you," She smiles innocently. Natasha beams and kisses the young girl on the head,

"I love you too Lila. Now go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow and we can throw knives like the last time I was here."

"Yay! Good night," Lila cheers.

"Good night," Natasha gets up and turns off her bed side lamp. She sees Steve in the hallway and shuts Lila's door behind her.

"Hey," Steve says.

"Hey yourself," Natasha smirks up at him.

"That girl adores you," Steve states.

"Ya I know, she's something else," Natasha laughs. They both go down stairs where Clint and Laura are finishing up the dishes. Clint flicks some water at his wife and retires upstairs after saying goodnight. Shortly after Laura follows him.

"So Rogers what now?"

"Hmm I'm not sure,"

Natasha pulls him by the belt loops on his jeans into her so they are chest to chest. She lifts to her tip-toes and kisses him hard. Of course Steve kisses back, they have been secretly dating since the summer after all.

"Auntie Nat? Why are you kissing Steve?" The girl asks from the stairs. Nat pulls away quickly and rushes over to her.

"What are you doing up little one?" Natasha asks changing the subject. Behind her Steve holds in a laugh.

"I just wanted a glass of water," Natasha shakes her head and gets a glass and fills it for her niece.

"Here. Go to bed. And if you tell anyone about me and Steve, I'll steal all your toys,"

"Noooo auntie Nat. Fine. Good night," Lila says and gives Nat a quick kiss on the cheek. When they hear her bedroom door shu they both let out a sigh.

Steve lets go of his laugh as well.

"Really Rogers?! It's not funny, I'm a world renowned spy and I just got caught by a five year old!"

"That's why it's funny. And blackmail? Really?"

"Hey she can't keep her mouth shut sometimes," Natasha laughs back. Steve steps to Natasha and grabs her by the waist. He pulls her to him and kisses her with more urgency this time. Natasha wraps her arms around his neck again and laughs as Steve picks her up and places her on the couch. 

"Keep quiet Nat," Steve whispers as he moves down her body and starts to undo her jeans.

"Or what Rogers?"

Steve looks up to her and grins,

"Happy Thanksgiving Natasha."

--- --- --- --- ---
End.